Skip to main content
Topic: Find stuff for your RV all over the Country  (Read 269 times) previous topic - next topic
Find stuff for your RV all over the Country
Need stuff for your LD? Go to an Ace Hardware.
They carry electrical fuses and stuff, sewer tank hoses, connectors and stuff, kitchen stuff, storage stuff, adaptors, extension cords and hoses, camping gear, and all kinds of stuff you may need when traveling.
Yes, you may have to pay a little more than at Walmart or Home Depot, but you will get great, attentive customer service, and everything you need in ONE stop. Plus, they are national so you can find an Ace Hardware just about anywhere in the US!
AH stores are also an independently owned franchise. So, when you shop at Ace Hardware, you are supporting a Mom and Pop business and all of its employees. 
I do not own and am not affiliated with Ace Hardware in any way, I just want all RVers to know AH is an excellent resource for RV needs.
SoCal-Gal  (Tracy)
1991 26.5 RB
Previous 1988 22’ LD Multi plan
Previous 1992 Six-pack Camper
Spare the sealant, spoil the job.
Travelers: Tracy, spouse Anthony, Coton de Tulear, Gabby and parrotlet, Indigo

Re: Find stuff for your RV all over the Country
Reply #1
but you will get great, attentive customer service
That's for sure. You can always get someone to help you out at Ace. You can save a couple of bucks with their coupons and just use your phone to apply them. Two things that many Ace stores really excel in are fasteners and small hardware. I do, however, get a lot more stuff at Home Depot and Lowes. Both have a 10% military discount which really adds up.

Speaking of Home Depot. I was buying an impact down there a couple of weeks ago. The Tool guy told me that the day before a thief got him for FOUR THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS of cordless tools. The guy wheeled his cart up to the locked cage, snapped the lock with bolt cutters, filled his cart and busted out of the store. Home free. Very depressing.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #2
ACE is the place, we shop them when on the road regularly, oddly, they are most common in small towns than in the LA area.
Home Depot and Lowe’s have terrible hardware sections, ACE carries a large selection of both metric and SAE nuts and bolts.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
I agree with Larry, much of what’s at the big box stores don’t help with RVs, only thing they have going for them is common layouts, easier to navigate.    No two ACE will be the same, but that is easily offset by the better selection of nuts & bolts, and typically better service to find stuff.
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #4
No two ACE will be the same, but that is easily offset by the better selection of nuts & bolts, and typically better service to find stuff.

I can seldom find any help at Home Depot, at most ACEs, it's hard to shop for a few minutes without being asked if you need assistance multiple times.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze