Skip to main content
Topic: Subaru Suspension (Read 87 times) previous topic - next topic
Subaru Suspension
Check this out. This is a ball joint from our toad, a 10 Forester. This baby spent most of it life up in Connecticut. I don't know how you boys up there can deal with these rust issues as routine! It's like everything gets welded!!!  :D  About 150K plus another 40 or so towing in dry climate areas. Anyhow, good to go now.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Re: Subaru Suspension
Reply #1
Our 8-year-old Forester luckily has no rust, living in a desert climate has its advantages....until the summer shows up.

You should see what an LD looks like that is used during the winter, up in the Rust Belt.
The galvanized sheet metal covering the bottom of the floor has little resistance to rust, I worked on one once that had a thick layer of oil sprayed over the rusted remains of the sheet metal, it was awful to work under, permanently staining my clothes.

So happy to live in a relatively warm, dry climate where snow and road salt are non-existent.
On an early spring trip to southern Utah, our LD developed that off-white coating from the residual road salt left from the winter. We spent a small fortune at a DIY car wash in Green River washing the rig from the top to down to the frame, brakes, and suspension. It was worth every penny.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze