Skip to main content
Topic: 2003 LD -Significant Upgrades (Read 356 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2003 LD -Significant Upgrades
Reply #1
Ed, I am eager to see your list of future renovations if you find that rig "interesting"

Steve K
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #3
Black is an odd choice for a stripe repaint.

Never heard of Magne Shade exterior covers until now,  makes sense for heat management, but a pain to go outside and retract, not to mention forgetting to retract them before driving.
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #4
I won't comment on the decor choices, but the Magne Shades were interesting. In particular, they made it possible to have a shade for the rear window, despite the ladder being in the way.

I was amused to see that their example of window coverings for an Airstream look almost exactly like the ones I made last month, the only difference being that theirs attach with magnets while mine attach with snaps. Theirs would be easier to put on and take off, but mine are more secure... and besides, I sewed them myself at a modest cost, so there's that. :-)
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
Owner put a lot of love into the LD for sure.  The exterior shades I have never seen before.  Just more to worry about in high winds.  Probably could not leave them down if out for the day, defeating their purpose.  The furniture changes in the rear are very subjective.  The pullout bed looks too wide to sit on comfortably.  The painted cabinets and other cosmetic changes look nice, but I am a fan of original equipment. 

Ron S
Ron and Linda
Ada Michigan

Reply #6
I can handled the outside color. I don't care for changing the inside like that. Leave that to the new other brand RV's.
So basically it looks great on the inside but I would not want my Lazy Daze to look like that.
Steve and Jill, Steve posting
1999 26.5 Mid-Bath

Reply #7
Were they going for an Adam 12 vibe or something?  And the whitewash interior is every bit as awful.

Steve
2015 TK