Skip to main content
Topic: Oil change etc (Read 187 times) previous topic - next topic
Oil change etc
<smile> I'm sure nobody is surprised at the cost of RV ownership here in this group but .....
Enclosed is the bill for an oil change, cooling system service, and transmission system service. 
Spoiler alert -- $1161.91

I'm ok with it all.   The Ford Dealership has treated me well over the years.  I'd have no problem recommending them to others.  The take-home lesson to me is to change my own oil as it is the only thing I can do in my home driveway.  The other fluids are on them. 

glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King

Re: Oil change etc
Reply #1
Ouch! But now your mind is at ease. The LD is running smooth and happily!
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #2

If you have the space and desire, an oil and filter change costs about $40 for synthetic oil and a high-quality oil filter.
A Fumoto valve, with a hose, allows the draining of the old oil directly into a used 5-qt oil jug, ready for the recycler.
Amazon.com: Fumoto F316L Quick Oil Drain Valve M14-1.5 with L Nipple :...

In your climate, I would flush the brake fluid every  three years to prevent rust inside the brake system.
Flushing the ABS system requires using a pro-grade scanner to operate the ABS pump.

Larry

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Didn't see the mileage. Transmission 30k miles.  For my heavy 31 IB, I do the differential every 15K. Oil is cheaper than hardware.
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE