Skip to main content
Topic: Cab curtain quick fix (Read 348 times) previous topic - next topic
Cab curtain quick fix
Two of my cab curtain clips (guides?) have detached from the curtain.

I’ll redo the whole thing in the winter, looking for a quick bush fix for this summer/fall. 

Thinking of drilling out the metal part, then find some kind of flat head screw I can use a nut/washer to hold it in place.  No need to be pretty, just work.

What have others done for a quick repair?
Dave

2017 TK

Re: Can curtain quick fix
Reply #1
Punch a small hole and thread some thread thru the curtain and guide.
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Re: Can curtain quick fix
Reply #2
Can you rob one from another curtain somewhere else in the camper?

Jon
1994 MB

Re: Cab curtain quick fix
Reply #4
I had te same issue in my 2010 coach. I used a 1/8" pop rivet inserted through the plastic into the curtain and a backup flat washer against the fabric. That worked well from then on.
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #5
Think I’ll give pop rivets a try, thread would work too but not sure it would hold up for six months on the road.

Thanks
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #6
Hi Dave;  This won't help you, but Lazy Daze must have changed the curtain track somewhere along the years.  I had these, running in the track sideways: RV Designer A102 Large Sliding Eye Carrier - White - 14 Pack  and the UV sunlight rotted out the plastic. I didn't like the sharp pointed end, metal curtain hooks. So I got these and sewed them directly onto the curtains. When I (infrequently) wash the curtains, hook loops and all go in the wash.  This has worked for about 15 years now.
    My old non LD had runners like what your picture showed, and that hole snapped onto a 'snap' strip of fabric that could be sewed into the top of the curtain.  Like these: https://www.etrailer.com/Living-Room-Accessories/JR-Products/37281005.html?feed=npn&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2uiwBhCXARIsACMvIU0iTPv1NUnjHobT0v2rktzyicUkN2UPq1jnBhaUkCU2ITMvcCfnblQaAgspEALw_wcB.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #7
Long ago I ordered these curtain sliding eye carriers to replace the few broken ones in my older LD.  For some reason I didn't think of just sewing them right onto the curtains.  Thank you, I'll do this soon!  Perfect!
Kristin
1997 MB

Reply #8
Pop rivets did the trick, after I filed down the pop riveter head from a hex, as the hex was causing too much stress on the nylon clip.

Drill out the existing rivet with the smallest drill bit that does the job.   Use a small thin washer so the rivet has something to grab onto.

So far it’s held up for several months of use.

Thanks for the suggestion Mike!
Dave

2017 TK