Skip to main content
Topic: Who resealed your LDs Aluminum roof? No leaks but it's 20 years old.... (Read 259 times) previous topic - next topic
Who resealed your LDs Aluminum roof? No leaks but it's 20 years old....
We purchased our 2004 30ft IB LD roughly 2 years ago, now we are living the dream. So very very happy with the purchase. Our roof doesn't leak but we would really like to have it resealed. [WE REALLY WANT THE MOTHERSHIP TO REOPEN, at least for service, we would do it there]. Any who, does any one know of a reputable company that will reseal a Lazy Daze aluminum roof? If it's horribly expensive we'll just take out another loan to get it done. Thanks
2004 30' IB in blue

Re: Who resealed your LDs Aluminum roof? No leaks but it's 20 years old....
Reply #1
It isn't hard to do yourself using Eternabond.
Just be careful as once it gets put down it won't come back off easily.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #2
Ditto what jota said. It's a pretty simple job and there are tons of posts here on the steps to get it done: Essentially:
1. Clean the roof;
2. Snap a chalk line;
3. Lay down the 4" Eternabond.

If you need someone to do it, I would think any RV shop or a handyman could take care of it for you.

When I did mine I only resealed the side and front seams. I don't see any reason to seal the protrusions like vent pipes and so on.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #3
You might try the place where Vince, former service manager for LD, was working a few years ago.   No idea if he's still there.

Vince from Mothership

Rich
2003 MB

Reply #4
Vince Vasquez is a service advisor at Leisure Coachworks

2013 27’ Mid-Bath
2005 Honda CR-V

Reply #5
Thanks guys...
2004 30' IB in blue

Reply #6
A friend of mine just had a bunch of body work, including some limited repainting, done on their midbath at Leisure Coachworks, and said Vince was great. Having seen the results, I can attest that the work was very well done.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #7
Vince and Leisure Coachworks are awesome, highly recommended. I'm the one who recently had some bodywork done there. I'm so pleased with their high quality work. (Hi, Andy!)

Here's a tip if you do decide to have any work done at Leisure Coachworks. If it's your first time there, ask for the first-timer's discount of 10%.

That said, I agree with Jota and Jor about resealing with Eternabond. I did my own roof years ago. I was sure sore afterwards because of all the kneeling and ladder work, but it was worth it.

--
Jan Forseth
2007 27' Midbath named Footloose

Reply #8
Vince did great work on my Daze!!
1994 Twin King