Skip to main content
Topic: Sewer Hose Storage Compartment  (Read 268 times) previous topic - next topic
Sewer Hose Storage Compartment
What size sewer hose fits in the sewer storage compartment?  The hose we have the ends will not fit in the compartment.

This is a 2003 LD 26.5 ft. that came with no hose.  Thanks for any info.

Re: Sewer Hose Storage Compartment
Reply #1

We use this one in our 2003.

Amazon.com: Prest-O-Fit 1-0203 Blueline Ultimate Sewer Kit : Automotive

One section fits in storage tube, other section fits in a small bin when compressed, for when we need extra hose.

Jason

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Jason

2003 Rear Bath
"Razor Crest"
Our first RV, purchased from the original owner 01/2022

Reply #2
You need the small format end, not the rhino brand with 2 ends on it. The smallish ones like Camco will fit.  You can only have the coupler to the RV on one end of the hose, the other end has to be bare hose to fit into the LD storage hose.
2016 Mid Bath

Reply #3
Instead make the hole bigger on the compartment and swap out the storage "tube hose" with one that fits the newer hoses.Thats what I did
1995 23.5 Rear Lounge

Reply #4
I have used the Prest-0-Fit that Jason recommended for many years and have been more than satisfied with their products. The 15' single hose and coupler exactly fit into the metal tube on my 2010 RB LD. However the metal tube on my 2021 RB somehow after a while developed a kink midway in and would not accept the hose. The tube is tightly fitted in between the frame and fuel tank and I didn't want to bother with correcting that problem.
 I instead used a 4" PVC pipe for a hose housing placing it through the skid pad brackets at the rear of the coach. I cut the pipe long enough to easily reach each end where there is a screw on cap. To keep the PVC pipe in place I placed a metal tapping screw on each side of the two skid brackets penetrating the PVC side just enough not to intrude inside the pipe. Mid-way in the pipe I inserted a screw as a stop for the end of the two hoses (one inserted at each end). I was then able to carry the two 15' Prest-0-Fit hoses. The rest of the hose accessories (coupler, elbow, etc.) go into the LR storage bin. To secure the screw in end caps I added a 1/4" thumb screw that will penetrate a small hole in the side of the cap. I have had no further issues with the sewer hose system.
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #5
Great!! Thank you to everyone that replied.  We will go from there. 

Reply #6
I instead used a 4" PVC pipe for a hose housing placing it through the skid pad brackets at the rear of the coach

Elegant solution, Mike!
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #7
SIGWB,
My 1988 Mb could only hold a 10' hose with the female end(4 hooks).
I lengthened the storage tube to hold 20'.
I carry the pieces to attach to the ground pipe in their own storage box.
I usually dry camp and have never needed ground pipe adapter on the road.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Reply #8
Someone here used a piece of plastic fence (PVC), a square cross section @5" as a storage pipe to hold the dump hose. The corners allowed the pronged fitting to also fit inside the pipe. He had a piece of 'chalk line' tied to an end to allow him to pull it out if it vibrated out of reach of the end.
   Some full hookup parks require the use of a fitting to prevent sewer gasses from escaping at ground level. I've been to one near Palm Springs, but I didn't hookup, so I didn't use the fitting. Like Rodney, I carry the elbow in a storage compartment, mostly unused. (Used once at Don Laughlin campground in Nevada. Across the Colorado river from Bullhead city AZ.)
      https://www.homedepot.com/p/5-in-x-5-in-x-8-ft-White-Vinyl-Fence-Post-195164/205883925?g_store=&source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&pla&mtc=SHOPPING-BF-CDP-GGL-D21-021_008_FENCING-NA-NA-NA-PMAX-NA-NA-NA-NA-NBR-NA-NA-NEW-PMAX&cm_mmc=SHOPPING-BF-CDP-GGL-D21-021_008_FENCING-NA-NA-NA-PMAX-NA-NA-NA-NA-NBR-NA-NA-NEW-PMAX-71700000099380193--&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2uiwBhCXARIsACMvIU1VROrdcZ135HdWfRL-kSViQcuByGOuC67-2aCoe74_viISWaOlo8oaAnD8EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds                               RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB