Skip to main content
Topic: Replacing Cab Carpet with ACC (Auto Custom Carpets) kits? (Read 176 times) previous topic - next topic
Replacing Cab Carpet with ACC (Auto Custom Carpets) kits?
Has anyone used an ACC molded carpet kit to replace the cab area carpets?

I'm thinking amount removing the factory installed cab floor carpet (green in our case) and replacing it with a molded carpet kit from Auto Custom Carpets (re-sold by a bunch of people, but as far as I can tell, made by ACC).

My idea is to remove the green floor carpet, add some sound and heat deadening on the floor, and put a molded carpet kit over the top.   I'll figure out the doghouse after getting the floor take care of.

Since a LD cab isn't quite like a stardard, e-450, I'm trying to predict the issues I might encounter.  One issue I'm expecting is that the replacement carpet kit won't extend as far into the back of the coach as the original.   This is especially true as I look in the space between the drivers seat and the fridge, and the passenger seat and the dinnette where the original green carpet stretches wide into those small cutout areas.

Example of what I'm considering: 2003-2014 Ford E-450 Super Duty Carpet Replacement - Cutpile - Passenger...

Any advice, comments, critiques are appreciated...

Rich

2003 MB