Skip to main content
Topic: New style outdoor grab handle (Read 178 times) previous topic - next topic
New style outdoor grab handle

So about 2006 the LD factory changed the handle style next to the entry door.  The new part was about $20 and is almost the same hole pattern, but slightly longer about 1/4". I put in the new one and filled the old holes and painted the filler white. It almost doesn't show. Much sturdier and easier to grab. One downside is that it is very visible in the outside rear view mirror.  It used to be available from LD.  Maybe Todd Miller has some. They may be available elsewhere now. Polished stainless steel.   I opened up the hole to the next larger size, chamfered and used a longer and larger stainless screw to penetrate the door support beam inside the frame better. I certainly didn't want it to come off if I really pulled on it.  This is a friend's 2001 MB. The third photo is mine that I also changed.   RonB

edit: found these handles Amazon: Amazon.com: ESUDNT RV Grab Door Handle, Heavy Duty 304 Stainless Steel Metal...

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB