Skip to main content
Topic: Gas Monkey Garage buys 1994 LD (Read 241 times) previous topic - next topic
Gas Monkey Garage buys 1994 LD
Just saw this on Youtube - Gas Monkey Garage just bought 1994 LD - about minutes 1 to 8 in the video

Buying a Retro RV for an Epic Road Trip - GMG
https://youtu.be/18VWr9s0ZtM
2016 MB

Re: Gas Monkey Garage buys 1994 LD
Reply #1
Hi Phil;  I haven't watched 'Gas Monkey' but it was interesting to know that someone from Finland would fly in and buy this '94 used, and drive it around for two years.  Does the show end up doing anything custom to the Chevy 'TK. It could use some paint on the faux windows. If they just use it to cruise back from Florida to Texas(?) I'm not sure that would be too interesting.  I doubt that the swamp cooler works correctly.  That it was worth $10k at the 29 year mark is always a good thing.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #2
Holy moley! What amazing advertising for Lazy Daze. Hopefully he includes it in a few episodes. I met Richard at the DC Car show about 10 years ago at a signing before he was really famous. He was really down to earth and a genuinely nice guy. Great to see LD get some national recognition. Too bad they are out of business.
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Reply #3
.  That it was worth $10k at the 29 year mark is always a good thing.  RonB
It looked to be in pretty mint condition, all original, I think he could have asked for more.
AlphPup
 2001 TK “Dazi”