Skip to main content
Topic: 2012 31’IB water/liquid drip (Read 495 times) previous topic - next topic
2012 31’IB water/liquid drip
I have a question, about my new to me 31’ 2012IB

I have liquid dripping, around the front area, right before the rear axle, from time to time…not oily or gasoline, as far as I can tell….guessing water tank or water connections? Any ideas to troubleshoot, would be appreciated, thanks
First camping trip this weekend
Nov 2023, 2012 31’ IB, white/green swoops & swirles, 2009 Mini Cooper, racing green convertible, toad 🐸

We ordered white/gray  2018 27' mid bath 1/3/18 and we are hoping for a July 16th 2019 delivery, sold, and tried a Lithium Travato, wish  I would have kept the Lazy Daze 27’

Re: 2012 31’IB water/liquid drip
Reply #1
I have liquid dripping, around the front area, right before the rear axle, from time to time…not oily or gasoline, as far as I can tell….guessing water tank or water connections? Any ideas to troubleshoot, would be appreciated, thanks

Is the puddle below the refrigerator? If so, it's probably condensation drainage. 
Could you be more specific about where under the rig the puddle is located?

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Just in front of the rear axle, and it’s big, like a 10x10 wet spot on concrete below …constantly dripping, for a half day …then it stops, for several days
Nov 2023, 2012 31’ IB, white/green swoops & swirles, 2009 Mini Cooper, racing green convertible, toad 🐸

We ordered white/gray  2018 27' mid bath 1/3/18 and we are hoping for a July 16th 2019 delivery, sold, and tried a Lithium Travato, wish  I would have kept the Lazy Daze 27’

Reply #3
Do have an outside shower? 
I found an access panel in the storage area on the aft side of the shower can visualize the shower plumbing.  Wrap pipes with paper towels and wait.

Connected to city water?
How much water in the tank?
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #4
Thanks for the troubleshooting idea, it does have an outside shower, just filled water tank 3/4, will be monitoring usage.

I never connect to city water, I move too much, maybe the previous owner did

In coming weeks, I will make some curb jumping ramps (that’s what I call them) so I can take a look underneath the coach

Taking a lifelong friend on their first camping trip, they have never been camping before, ever, should be fun.

Got a new rescue puppy yesterday, I think they rescue us, will post a picture of “Sugar” She is smart and sweet 🥰🎅 Maltese & Yorkshire Terrier mix, 3 years old. A friend joked, that I was finally a #SugarDaddy lol 

Reply #5
Tiger, your description of your problem does not align with your photo. You say liquid is dripping from the front yet you later state it is front of the rear axle. Then the photo you are using shows the back end of your Lazy Daze....huh?

My experience is that water leaking through the floor is usually from the fittings near the fresh water tank where it connects to the fresh water pump. Water will flow downhill to find an opening to drip out. That does not mean water is leaking above the drip. I suggest you check the connections around the water pump and then the water heater.

Good luck with your new friend!
Steve K
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #6
I had a similar problem this summer. After trying to follow all the water lines I discovered that I had a small drip at the hot water connection. I tightened it and it stopped. I was hooked up to city water at the time and had a water pressure reducer on the input line  so I thought I was safe. I think the pressure reducer was old and not working or the water pressure at the park was fluctuating. Any way I changed to using my water tank and pump. No more leaks or dripping. Lesson learned.

Hopefully this may help.

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin Hannah
Green Valley, AZ
Owner of 2000 26.5 RK, came back to the family
Previously 2014 Newmar Baystar
Previously 2001 LD 26.5 MB

Reply #7
Great info, thanks

Reply #8
"...as far as I can tell….guessing water tank or water connections?"

Another possibility would be the fresh water tank drain valve... do you know where that is located? On the 30'IB it is near the water pump, the water pump being under the access hatch in the queen bed pedestal. Move mattress out of the way, remove hatch and you will be able to see the water pump and part of the water tank. Look for any damp areas and search out a possible leak.   :o
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #9
"Got a new rescue puppy yesterday, I think they rescue us,..."

Opening your heart to a dog is no different than adopting a child. Your actions say that you promise to love and care for the adoptee no matter what. That's a commendable action. As to the dog's reaction you know he/she will reciprocate that love and devotion tenfold!

Both of my dogs, Jiggs and Cedar were rescues and have fulfilled me for much of my life. You are a lucky guy! Sugar looks like a dog I would like!  ;D   ;)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!

Reply #10
EAZY PEAZY solution found!

Somehow, I had slightly touched the water tank drain valve, the one under the island bed, on the passenger side, or TV SIDE, that is easily accessible, because it’s visible on the outside of the bed, to the right of the drawers.

I had long forgotten about this valve, if my previous midbath LD had one, since in Southern California, I never had to winterize it. I think that’s what it is used for. Posting will hopefully help present and future owners, troubleshoot this issue.

Previous owner Jessica Jertberg, has been so supportive and helpful👏🏆

I will try to add, some type of ball, strap or wedge, so it can’t be moved so easily, if you all, have any ideas 💡

Now to fix the broken door stop door “holder”…LD has a couple plastic ones, I can’t seem to find a metal one, with good reviews, on Amazon, or anywhere yet

Now Sugar (my puppy assistant mechanic) have to get the rig ready to enjoy Mardi Gras, 2024! Let the good times roll, throw me something, Mister!

Reply #11
You can unscrew the small nut holding the handle on and remove the handle.  Keep it nearby, as you will need it to operate the valve.  I would just lay it on the floor next to the pipe and screw the nut back on the stud where it came from.

Rich
2003 MB

Reply #13
Hi Clark.  Just last night I got 4 more of these plastic door holders. They last about 1-2 years before I manage to break them. I have the metal zinc plated piece mounted on the outside.  Easy to replace.   https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Kwikee/LC380680.html in Lazy Bones link.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #14
"In coming weeks, I will make some 'curb jumping' ramps..."

Not quite sure of the intended purpose you mention but these are what I use to drive over the 4" curb that leads to my parking space!

Amazon.com: Heavy Duty Warehouse Industrial Rubber Reflective Curb Ramp :...
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!

Reply #15
You can unscrew the small nut holding the handle on and remove the handle.  Keep it nearby, as you will need it to operate the valve.  I would just lay it on the floor next to the pipe and screw the nut back on the stud where it came from.

Rich

Or perhaps a Velcro strap?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #16

Tiger

"...I never had to winterize it. I think that’s what it is used for."

You can probably imagine a number of uses, if you wanted a dry tank to save travel weight, or more commonly, draining the tank after a disinfection routine. Stale water will allow for algae growth, something you don't want.
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Live for the day!