Skip to main content
Topic: Wheel covers  (Read 178 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: $300 Christmas pr...
Wheel covers
I had to buy covers for my new toy, I measured the tire diameter at slightly less than 29 inches. Had to go to camping world somewhat reluctantly and as I rarely buy on line that was the option.
Up and down the shelves of covers and the closest I could find was 32-34 inches so if that’s what’s available. When I put them on they were perfect, snug even ? so much for measurements. My LD is parked in the driveway and at a mile high the UV is intense enough to dry out the sidewalls.
With tires that have less than 2,000 miles on them $60 for covers on all the wheels seems like a good investment.
2005 T/K

Re: Wheel covers
Reply #1
Noticed that almost all vehicle wheel covers are silver or gray. So I'm thinking, for my little Ford Transit Connect RV, to paint mine a dark blue, which (to me) will go better with the white body. Can we break wheel cover convention and go with bright colors?

Re: Wheel covers
Reply #2
Hi Jon;  Ford wheels are light gray. Before about 1994 the factory painted them white.  After that the factory supplied polished stainless steel wheel liners from K2.  You can paint yours any color you want.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB