Skip to main content
Topic: LD Owner's Manual (LDOM))& LD Companion(LDC) to the rescue (Read 146 times) previous topic - next topic
LD Owner's Manual (LDOM))& LD Companion(LDC) to the rescue
I've seen many, many posts by veteran LD owners encouraging others to use the LDOM and LDC to research problem fixes, resolution and just plain useful knowledge. Here is a real life example of how helpful both can be:

I have two pull out drawers under my refrigerator. Recently, I went to open the top drawer and the back of the drawer dropped into the lower drawer. Using a flashlight and a few minutes of peering into the dark recess behind the drawer I determined that the small "L" bracket that mounts the drawer track to the outside wall had broken in half. I assumed it was the result of vibration and weight on the track. I had no idea how to remove the drawer so I pulled out my trusty LDOM and sure enough there was a very detailed paragraph on how to both remove and reinstall the drawer on the track. Score! Once the drawer was removed I could see the problem more clearly. I opened the Companion and sure enough found an article describing this exact problem and how to repair it that included both excellent pictures and a parts list! Problem fixed!

Not all problems can be solved using these resources and thank goodness we have many experienced and knowledgeable LD owners to help us, but many can.

Happy Trails!

Matt

2004 26.5 Island Bed. Gumby
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Re: LD Owner's Manual (LDOM))& LD Companion(LDC) to the rescue
Reply #1
"Not all problems can be solved using these resources..., but many can."

Thanks for that Matt! Now I know that I'm not alone in fixing that particular problem. But back in the day it took a phone call to Vince at the Mothership to clue me in!  ;D
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!