Skip to main content
Topic: Poor water pressure (Read 109 times) previous topic - next topic
Poor water pressure
Hey LD Owners,
I recently winterized by 2002 26.5 MB with pressurized air. As instructed, I purchased at air compressor regulator and set the upper limit to 40 PSI. I emptied all tanks (including hot water heater.) I was having a small leak in my toilet foot pedal water valve assembly and the  main water pump valve was allowing water to back fill into my potable water tank, so i just changed both parts out after the winterization process. (Yeah, should have done that before winterization, but didn't have the parts in and freezing temps were in the forecast.)
Anyway, I thought I better fill the water lines with water and make sure there were no leaks before hitting the road next month. Now, I have low water pressure in my sink (in cold line),  lower pressure in the bath (cold line). and almost no pressure in shower (cold line.) The toilet and hand sprayer pressure seem fine.
I'm wondering if there has become a leak from the air pressurization and if so how might I locate and fix the problem. I kinda doubt it though, because the pump shuts down properly when the faucets are turned off.
I'm absolutely  sure that the pump was installed properly as it is a brand new Shurflow Revolution 3.0 GPM.
I have 2 days to figure this out before the next round of freezing temps arrive.
I appreciate your informative replies and thank you for your assistance.
2002 MidBath

Re: Poor water pressure
Reply #1
If there is a leak, you should (1) see water coming out somewhere, possibly under the coach, and (2) hear the water pump cycling even if the faucets are all closed. 

See this:
The Lazy Daze Companion: Winterizing the Water System

Note this line:
- Remove the faucet aeration screens, the hand held sprayer, the hose/spray head and the outside shower head (if you have one). This will prevent sediment blown through the lines from clogging the faucets and sprayers.

You could have clogged aerators.   It's easy enough to unscrew them and check:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DaEA5UtqY&ab_channel=fordummies

Rich
2003 MB