Skip to main content
Topic: water pooling in outer compartment (Read 179 times) previous topic - next topic
water pooling in outer compartment
I have a 2003 26.5 MB and I recently noticed that water was pooling in the lowest outside compartment, under the refrigerator outside panel and the battery tray.
In that compartment, there's the drain pipe for the fresh water tank, but nothing else. The hole at the top of the compartment (where the drain pipe goes through) has some wetness.
How would I access the top of that fresh water tank to see if it's leaking? Do you have to pull out the oven?
Thanks in advance!
Livin the dream, one nightmare at a time.....

2003 26.50MB, Blue

Re: water pooling in outer compartment
Reply #2
thanks so much, Rich! Very helpful!
Livin the dream, one nightmare at a time.....

2003 26.50MB, Blue

Re: water pooling in outer compartment
Reply #3
I had the same problem.  Before you look into repairing the tank be sure to check the water supply lines and filter from the tank to the pump.  In my case the problem was a hair line crack in the filter basket pictured below.  The picture is from my directions on adding antifreeze so please excuse the pink stuff.  
The crack was not on the front side it was hiding on the back side.  The tip was I was going through water faster than I thought I should have been.   I do not remember where I got the new one, but I think it was from the mothership.  Now solutions would be to do away with the filter (I do not really like the idea) or replace it with a more modern design filter basket. 
I may be mistaken but I do not think all years used the pinch clamps that hold the filter basket in place.  In the second picture you can see the clamp half off to allow the fitting to slide out.  Note if you have this type of clamp place a light cloth over the clamp as you would with a champagne cork.  The clamp has a tendency to fly off and go into hiding.  There are at least two somewhere under the sink of the MB that is no longer mine.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath