Skip to main content
Topic: Tire Minder install (& clearance sale!) (Read 187 times) previous topic - next topic
Tire Minder install (& clearance sale!)
Just purchased a tire minder set (6 for coach + 4 for tow'd) and am curious as to where others have mounted the repeater-signal booster for the tow'd.   I'd like to have it wired on the ignition hot circuit but at the rear of the coach (to keep it off when the coach is parked), but am open to other suggestions.

Here is a link from another forum on the tire minder clearance sale FYI:  Clearance

TIA!
2006 24’ TK
570 watts solar, 300Ah lithium
SKP Lifetime member #105622
Land of Enchantment

Re: Tire Minder install (& clearance sale!)
Reply #1
Hi, Jaxon. I wired mine into the driver-side reading light in the rear of the MB.  I relocated it from the position in the photo to the center of the valance so I can see it from the driver seat.  I just used double-sided, sticky tape to mount to the valance. The light needs to be turned on to energize it.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Tire Minder install (& clearance sale!)
Reply #3

Jaxson,

Against the wisdom of our honoured LDOG guru’s, I opted not to tie into our 2015 Lazy Daze RB power system. Instead, I created a 12 volt power supply for our Tire Minder 66 TPMS repeater.

I soldered the repeater wires to an inexpensive AA Battery box I purchased at Amazon for about $6. The 8 AA batteries in the little pack supply the 12 volts required for the repeater. Both the repeater and the battery pack are kept next to the bathroom sink in the RB’s cubby just above the rear window.

The battery pack has an off/on switch and the repeater’s green power light is visible in the drivers rear view mirror. The AA batteries last at least six months to a year (or longer) It’s a good idea to change the batteries out at about the one year mark.

The switch is nice because I can turn the repeater off upon camp ground arrival. The TM 66 recommendations are to turn the repeater off (this saves battery life as well) and turn it on about 15 minutes before hitting the road. This insures that all tires are recognized by the repeater.

Here’s a link to the battery box.  Amazon.com: 2 Set 8 x AA Thicken Battery Holder Base Box with ON/Off Switch...

Works for us.

Kent

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"