Skip to main content
Topic: Fantastic Fan not working (Read 286 times) previous topic - next topic
Fantastic Fan not working
Ok, so day #1 of a 7-week trip and the Fantastic fan in bathroom wouldn't turn on this morning.  Vent lid open.   I have spare 4A fuses, popped a new one in, but no luck, it still won't turn on--nothing.  Any other hidden switches, fuses or anything else to check before I research a replacement fan, if this means it suddenly died?!    (didn't see anything in the LD Companion)
  thanks for any info :-)
 Daryl
Daryl 
2007  26.5’ mid-bath, “Blu Tent“
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
  (previously 2006 23.5’ front lounge)
SKP #145689

Re: Fantastic Fan not working
Reply #1
Daryl, there’s a push pin above the fan blades that can be accessed from the roof with the vent open.  When the lid is closed, it stops the fan.  If that push pin is stuck closed, then the fan will not work.  If that’s the problem, you might be able to lubricant the pin to free it up. 

Reply #2

Daryl,

I outlined the switch replacement for our ‘15 fantastic fan. It’s somewhere on the site.

Here’s a link to Amazon for the part I used. I paid about $15 back then. DOMETIC K1122-05 Fan-Tastic Vent Accessories - Dome Switch Amazon.com: DOMETIC K1122-05 Fan-Tastic Vent Accessories - Dome Switch :...

E trailer and eBay also offer the part.

I’ll look for my thread. Easy repair requiring a few basic tools.

You may be able to free up the switch by depressing it several times. If done from inside the rig make sure the power is off since you will need to reach up through the fan blades.

Good luck,

Kent

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #4
Thank you both very much!!
 Will investigate that plunger switch & order that part, Kent, if I can’t wiggle/lubricate it enough to get it to work. 
Looks easy on the video 😎
Daryl
Daryl 
SKP #145689

Reply #5
If none of the fixes work, it's time to buy a voltmeter and learn how to use it.
It's best to determine the cause of a problem before throwing parts at it, too many parts in cars and RVs are replaced when they are not needed.
Good troubleshooting skills are rare in many so-called professionals.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #6
"If none of the fixes work, it's time to buy a voltmeter and learn how to use it."

If you don't already know how, this page will get you started.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #7
Thanks Andy for voltmeter info — bookmarked and will read up ;-)
    Turns out though it wasn’t an electrical issue— I took off the screen and noticed fan blades were stuck, some little piece of twig thing jammed between fan & housing.  After freeing fan up, turned switch on but still didn’t start.  So I put the original fuse back in and voila, fan works again!   Apparently the new replacement fuse is the wrong size so will research the proper size for spares.   Lmk if anyone has a link handy for the correct 4A fuses, thanks!
Daryl
Daryl 
SKP #145689

Reply #8

Wow! $27 for a two dollar switch. I used to buy them for less than a dollar and it wasn't that long ago.   Amazon.com: DaierTek Door Pin Switch Car Hood Jamb Auto Alarm Security...   ok the end terminal is a little different. Easy to fix that.  Glad your problem wasn't the switch.  I think I rebuilt mine with a ten amp fuse. It has another branch fuse back in the power distribution fuse panel.  RonB

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB