Skip to main content
Topic: Gray Water Valve Hanger (Read 127 times) previous topic - next topic
Gray Water Valve Hanger
2006 27MB.
Does anyone have a photo of how the “hanger” for the gray water tank valve attaches to the valve?  Does the valve just sit on it for support or ??  My valve and connectors disappeared, so I don’t have a before picture. Hanger is in upper right of this photo.
Greg
2006 26.5' MB

Re: Gray Water Valve Hanger
Reply #1
Here’s what we have on our 2009 MB.  The Factory used a single metal strap around the base of the propane tank. There’s a 2”X 3” (estimate) block of wood between the top of the PCV pipe and the bottom of that tan metal plate on the propane tank.  If you look closely, you’ll see it in the picture. 

I added a heavy duty zip tie down towards the valve.  I think you can see the PVC pipe exiting the gray tank and valve on the other end.

Hope this helps.

Reply #2
There are some photos on my "Rock Attack!" page that might help. (The rig pictured is a 2003 midbath.)
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
Ed and Margee,  Thanks.  Good ideas.  It looks like a significant change from 2006 to 2009.  Mine has the propane tank passenger sideside forward and the gray-water tank driver's side aft.  But still, good ideas.
Greg
2006 26.5' MB

Reply #4
Andy, Looks good.  I think I see how the hanger works.  Your's is covered with the insulation.  But it appears that piping is below the hanger.  I assume there is a strap that wraps around the hanger and piping just behind the valve.  Off to Home depot or Ace for the stuff.

Thanks.
Greg
2006 26.5' MB

Reply #5
maybe a worm gear hose clamp or two.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath