Skip to main content
Topic: 1998 26.5RB Renovation Progress (Read 299 times) previous topic - next topic
1998 26.5RB Renovation Progress
Phase 1 was solar, suspension lift, and other technical upgrades. Phase 2 is interior renovation. I've attached some shots of the interior work I just finished. It's inspired by the look of my apartment in Manhattan. Black, white, tiles, and bamboo. Just finished this week. Now I can take my home anywhere.

Some day I will do Phase 3 will be floors and counter tops, and cab/cabover.
1997 26.5RB

Re: 1998 26.5RB Renovation Progress
Reply #2
Here's a before and after comparison PDF.
1997 26.5RB

Reply #3
GCP … could you provide the details on the painting which looks amazing?   Did you use primer, brush or spray?   What type of paint?   And thank in advance. 

Reply #4
Ed & Margee - I sanded and cleaned all the surfaces, then primed everything using Behr primer and paint: Behr Primer for Kitchen, Bath, & Trim. The cabinets were painted with 2 coats of Behr Premium Satin Cabin, Door & Trim Enamel. The walls were done with 2 coats of Behr Premium Satin paint. Used a combination of tiny rollers and brushes inside the RV and on all the removable cabinet doors. All the appliance pieces that could be removed were sprayed outside with two coats of Rustoleum protective enamel.
1997 26.5RB

Reply #5
Excellent Job!! Looks amazing! We have a 97RB. The white makes the interior look larger. What is the multicolored item to the left of the microwave? Also what is the kitchen faucet brand/model?

Thanks
Chuck
1997 RB

Reply #6

Thank you Chuck! The white does make it feel more spacial, and it reflects more light. I like the interior to be as bright as possible.

The colorful screen next to the microwave is a Victron GX Touch. It's the status and command center for the solar power system, and allows me to configure temperature sensitive relays among other things.

The faucet is a Laguna Brass 1200SS from Amazon.   (link by RonB Amazon.com: Laguna Brass 1200SS RV/Motorhome Two Handle Non-Metallic High...  )

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
1997 26.5RB

Reply #7
A fantastic job, and beautifully photographed!
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #8
I agree with Andy.  A great job!  And great photography too.  I like the Moka Pot touch.  I'm interested in the shades. Could you fill us in on what those are.  Mine are due for upgrading.
I'm looking forward to your further upgrades.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #10
Flat out the most beautiful LazyDaze we have ever seen. Kudos!  — Jon&Loni
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄