Skip to main content
Topic: Cab entry step rot repair  (Read 132 times) previous topic - next topic
Cab entry step rot repair
My cab entry step has the all too common rotted wood/damaged fiberglass from rocks/water hitting the step over years of driving in the rain.

I had hoped I could cut away the fiberglass, remove the wood, and just replace and repair it all while it was attached to the coach.

Unfortunately it was significantly more compromised than I had expected, things escalated and eventually I was hacking the step off the coach with a multi tool. The factory used very aggressive sealant to attach the step, there is almost nothing holding the step onto the coach beside sealant.

The few screws used to attach the step were a clear point of water ingress over the years, I think this design could use some improvement.

Unfortunately the first step was in sad shape by the time I removed it completely, this is my first foray into fiberglass so take my methods with a grain of salt…
2000 RB

Re: Cab entry step rot repair
Reply #1
I just found the same issue with my 2002. Repair shop is booked until September so he did a quick hack to keep it attached for now. Will not be using the passenger side cab step.
2002 TK 24ft