Skip to main content
Topic: 26.5 Rear Bath sink upgrade  (Read 191 times) previous topic - next topic
26.5 Rear Bath sink upgrade
This is a popular topic, another good option for a rear bath sink replacement

I found this 19x25 single bowel RV sink from American StoneCoat.  It is high quality, quite large and likely the deepest possible bowl you can physically fit in the rear bath considering the plumbing.

Obviously the counters had to be trimmed, no reinforcement was necessary since on my 2000 the counter has a solid plywood backing throughout.

I was concerned about loosing storage with the deeper/larger sink, but after removing and minimizing the drain run I actually think I have more usable space under the new sink than originally with the old sink.

Pots, pans, and our oven pan now fit completely in the sink so washing will making significantly less of a mess.

I also extended the pex faucet connections to allow for easy access to the faucet connections.
2000 RB

Re: 26.5 Rear Bath sink upgrade
Reply #1
Sweet job! Looks great and the single tub is a big improvement imo. Hey, you juuuuuuuust made it on that p-trap. Nice work!
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #2
The P-Trap was close. I’ve got about 1/8 of clearance and I tried 2-3 p-trap combos to find one that fit the best, but it fits and it’s all very serviceable (I have taken it apart and put it back together a few times while trying to get a perfect seal with the plumbers putty)
2000 RB

Reply #3
while trying to get a perfect seal with the plumbers putty)

I know just what you mean. You get that drain centered perfectly, tighten the nut and the damn thing slides just off center. Fun though!
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #4
Nice!.
Hooking up the drain(s) in the previous sink transplants has been a real challenge.
How deep is the sink? This spec is not shown on the website.
19 x 25" Single Bowl RV Kitchen Sink - American Stonecast Products, Inc.
I like the single large sink.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
Larry,

Dimensions
2000 RB