Skip to main content
Topic: '83 Chevy Cab Air Conditioner  (Read 77 times) previous topic - next topic
'83 Chevy Cab Air Conditioner
Afternoon everyone,

I'm posting in regards to my 1983 Chevy Lazy Daze 22ft that I've been bringing back to life over the past 6 months. The last thing on my To Do list before we hit the road is getting the van cab A/C unit running again. Arizona heat is no joke ha. The previous owner had removed the belt running to the Air Compressor (usually to bypass a bad compressor) and after doing heavy online research I cannot find any reference photos of the original belt routing. I have found some general belt diagrams for Chevy G30 350 motors but because this A/C is not a factory option but installed by a dealer/or possibly LD I'm a little lost. I found one diagram that is a 4 belt system ( I'll attach below) but after looking closely at my system I notice the A/C sticks out considerably further than any other pulley and because of this I'm lost to what someone may have changed for these not to line up. A lot can happen in 40 years so I hope someone can share some knowledge of the routing etc. Ill attach some photos below..

Questions -
Does anyone with an early/mid 80s Chevy lazy daze have a A/C? If so can you send me some detailed photos of your setup?
If you don't and someone you knows has one of this era can you steer me their direction?
Has anyone knowledge of this belt routing system?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Mark F. Kirkland