Skip to main content
Topic: Alaska Vagabonds (Read 101 times) previous topic - next topic
Alaska Vagabonds
Shout out for those of you who are out exploring the GREAT STATE of Alaska...

Should you find yourselves in the vicinity of Palmer or Wasilla I've got some suggestions! I highly recommend the Mountain View RV Park just east of Palmer, across the Matanuska River. I have never stayed in a campground more scenic than that.

If you are looking for a stick-to-your-ribs breakfast you will not find a better place than the Valley Hotel/Cafe in downtown Palmer. You know the value of a place when the locals eat there.

Moving west you will find the Alaska State Fairgrounds. (Think huge vegetables) Right across the hwy from the Fair is a cafe called "The Noisy Goose". All of their food is good but because I'm a connoisseur of fried chicken this place is heaven. I went there for a chicken dinner one night and while the waitress was clearing away my empty plates she asked, "Is there anything else you would like?" "Yes I said, please bring me seconds on that last order!" And outside of some choice scraps for my Boston, 'Jiggs', I ate the whole darn thing.  :D

Would I go back to Alaska for a fourth time? In a heartbeat!
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Re: Alaska Vagabonds
Reply #1
One step ahead of you, already enjoyed the chicken fried steak at the Noisy Goose last week.😋

Will check out the campground in Palmer.

Thanks!
Dave

2017 TK