Skip to main content
Topic: LD Factory supplied Touch Up Paint (Read 151 times) previous topic - next topic
LD Factory supplied Touch Up Paint
I'm touching up a medium size area of Light Green paint.  I had planned on using SprayMax custom per order spray cans; however, the light green paint did not match.   Close but not dark enough.   My plan was to use the same SprayMax paint cans through the entire process: Prime, Base Coat, followed by 2K Clear Coat to get a more professional DYI paint job.  I know the paint is nasty and that a higher end masking is required.  I know etching primer is used on raw aluminum.

I found some older Lazy Daze supplied light green with activator.  So now I go back to my original plan to use this older bottle of Lazy Daze Factory supplied Light Green Paint.   I'd build up the base coat with a few coats of green.    And still use the SprayMax Primer and 2K Clear coats.

QUESTION:   The green touch-up paint although several years old looks good.   The supplied activator is hard as a rock.    What is a proper activator to use that I could purchase locally.  It's my understanding LD Paint is aircraft type two-part polyurethane enamel.     I'm hoping I could use Eastwood Medium Speed Activator for Single Stage Paints 32 oz 70 to 80 Degrees F?   But not sure this would work?.  Any advise would be appreciated!
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)