Skip to main content
Topic: Need motor for my Kwickee leveling system (Read 197 times) previous topic - next topic
Need motor for my Kwickee leveling system
The hydraulic pump motor on my Kwickee leveling system finally self destructed. I've been nursing it along for the last couple of years by adjusting the old and worn out brushes but this time the brushes fell apart and tore up the inside of the motor. I've tried everywhere I can think of to get a replacement motor with no luck. Best I came up with is a replacement hydraulic system from Lippert for around $4K.
At that price I would rather replace everything with a Bigfoot system. However they told me that their system would not work with my existing jacks which doesn't make sense to me but I'll take them at their word. My issue is that the existing jacks are welded in place and cutting them out looks to be a major project so I am still trying to make the Kwickee unit work.
If anyone knows where I can get a replacement motor (I fairly confident the old one is beyond repair) or the complete hydraulic pump assembly I would be very grateful.
1997 MB

Re: Need motor for my Kwickee leveling system
Reply #1
Find an electric motor rewinding shop and see if they rebuild it.

Comox
Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
The hydraulic pump motor on my Kwickee leveling system finally self destructed. I've been nursing it along for the last couple of years by adjusting the old and worn out brushes but this time the brushes fell apart and tore up the inside of the motor. I've tried everywhere I can think of to get a replacement motor with no luck. Best I came up with is a replacement hydraulic system from Lippert for around $4K.
At that price I would rather replace everything with a Bigfoot system. However they told me that their system would not work with my existing jacks which doesn't make sense to me but I'll take them at their word. My issue is that the existing jacks are welded in place and cutting them out looks to be a major project so I am still trying to make the Kwickee unit work.
If anyone knows where I can get a replacement motor (I fairly confident the old one is beyond repair) or the complete hydraulic pump assembly I would be very grateful.

I would not give up on the motor. There are specialty motor repair and rebuilding places in most areas that may have sources and facilities to do the job.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #3
Another choice would be to find someone with
non-operating Kwikee system and buy it. I removed several systems due to the lack of replacement parts. They were quickly sold to owners needing parts.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #4
Another choice would be to find someone with
non-operating Kwikee system and buy it. I removed several systems due to the lack of replacement parts. They were quickly sold to owners needing parts.

Larry
If anyone has one which has been removed I am interested in purchasing.
1997 MB

Reply #5
Hi David;  As an aside, usually the jack rams are bolted on to 'C' channel welded on to the frame rails.  You should be able to bolt on a new leveler system to these existing welded on mounts.  This is done this way in case of accidents or malfunctions that require repairs or replacement of individual rams.
   There is a member here who did install new Big feet levelers himself.  Can't find the comments just yet. He did include pictures. I remember he had one clearance problem that he solved.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #6
We have a Kwickee system that we don’t use. If you want to IM me, we can discuss.
Wendy
2002 MB