Skip to main content
Topic: Potential "Ladeze of Lazy Daze" Annual Gathering... (Read 579 times) previous topic - next topic
Potential "Ladeze of Lazy Daze" Annual Gathering...
This is for those who "don't do" Facebook per request...

Previously, it was "traditional" for the "Ladeze of Lazy Daze" to meet once a year for a gathering - usually in the fall.
This summer I'm staying closer to home as I have many "honey do" projects for my sticks and bricks home and no "honey" to complete them.  I'd really like to travel to the Oregon Coast for the month of August (and would do so if there were interest).
I'm actually volunteering as a Navigator again at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta from October 5th through the 15th.  Afterwards, I've made a commitment to rent a small cottage in Puerto PeƱasco, Sonora for mid-October to mid-May. 
I'd like to suggest an annual gathering at Elephant Butte, New Mexico at the state park.  Truth or Consequences, New Mexico is a "quirky little town" and the home of many places to soak in the hot springs. 
I believe the rate is $14/night and even if we didn't all park together we could arrange activities and outings.  I'm proposing Wednesday, September 27th through Wednesday, October 4th. 
The weather should be pleasant that time of year.  If you're interested, please let me know and I'll provide more details.
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Re: Potential "Ladeze of Lazy Daze" Annual Gathering...
Reply #1
Hi Cheryl. Sorry to be so slow in responding. I am interested in the details. No commitment at this early date, but I sure would consider it. You can get back to me at jean.p.maly@gmail.com. Thanks for your initiative. J

Reply #2
Hi, Cheryl.  I'll have to check our calendar and consult with my better half, but it sounds interesting, especially in light of the closing of the mothership. 
Dreamchaser
2013 Twin King

Reply #3
oops - I forgot to give my contact email.  Probably the best is jemezgeek@gmail.com
Dreamchaser
2013 Twin King

Reply #4
Hi Cheryl & other Ladeze -
 I'm very sorry I wasn't able to join you last year but am wondering if anyone is thinking of another get together this year. I'm planning to finish up obligations here & hit the road beginning of July. Haven't any fixed plans other than spending some time visiting folks mid country & returning to So Cal mid Sept for a week or two for some scheduled volunteer work.
It would be great to meet up somewhere sometime.
Susie
sydever@gmail.com

2007 MB

Reply #5
Hi Cheryl & other Ladeze -
 I'm very sorry I wasn't able to join you last year but am wondering if anyone is thinking of another get together this year.
It would be great to meet up somewhere sometime.
Susie
Hi Susie,

There's a group on FaceBook that I moderate with 65 members of women who have a Lazy Daze (or were former owners).  It's difficult to get people on the "same page" for a gathering.  However, if people were interested it would be fun.  I'm not really interested in finding and paying up front for a group gathering site, but a possibility would be a state park where people could make their own reservations.  I feel it's easier to keep conversations about meetups with the Ladeze of Lazy Daze Facebook Group (which you're welcome to join).   I used your e-mail link to send you a direct invitation to the group.
Maybe a small number of women traveling this summer in certain areas might be up for a more informal gathering. 

Thanks,
Cheryl
Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Reply #6
Thanks, Cheryl. I'll try to log on this weekend.
S
2007 MB

Reply #7
Cheryl,
So sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have requested access to the Ladeze FB site... finally!  Am finally on the road - in OK now & headed for KY prior to return to CA.
Thanks,
Susie
2007 MB