Skip to main content
Topic: Water lines to WC (Read 174 times) previous topic - next topic
Water lines to WC
Our 98~MB WC has two water feed lines coming to it.  One comes from behind the WC up from the raised base that it sits on and then other comes from the wall behind it.  These two lines "T" together and one line runs to the WC.  I assume that the line going down through base must run to the shower?  The other one from the wall comes from the kitchen?  Our unit blew at the connection to the WC around 11:30PM at night.  We were lucky to be up and able to shut off the water pump with maybe a half gallon spewed out.  We had just returned to put 98~MB that day and had left it for two days before previously.  We are glad we left them pump off when we left, otherwise we might had found our LD with 55+ gallons of water seeking and seeping to new locations in our rig.  The thread pitch on the old plastic connector is of a different pitch then what we could find here in central Oregon in a sharkbite type of repair.  We ended up using a flex line 1/2" x 1/2"x 6" and that thread pitch worked for both the new sharkbite and old plastic valve connection.  I would like to add a shut off for the WC the question is the wall location the source of the water?

Karen~Liam
      98 ~MB
        NinA

1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Re: Water lines to WC
Reply #1
Is it possible that the water line from the wall comes from the city-water inlet and the other part of the T comes from the water pump?  I'm working from memory, but I think that's the way my MB is plumbed. 

Rich
2003 MB

Re: Water lines to WC
Reply #2
That might be possible, we have never traced where the City water inlet goes to in the system, we have never used it.  I wonder where the cold shower water source comes from?

Karen~Liam
      98 ~ MB
         NinA
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags