Skip to main content
Topic: 2016 MB upper rear clearance lights (Read 310 times) previous topic - next topic
2016 MB upper rear clearance lights
Hi Folks,
I have one of the five rear upper red  clearance lights very dim. Mine are LED style, yet the motorhome owners manual claims they are 193/194 bulbs which is not right. I will need to replace the whole (tiny) light assembly to fix it as it all bonded together. A search of the forum doesn’t yield any help. Anyone run into this issue and have a part number to replace?
Thanks
Karl
2016 Mid Bath

Re: 2016 MB upper rear clearance lights
Reply #1
Hello

I did replace one of my front running lights.  I am not sure but I think I ordered it from E Trailer.

You should be able to search with the information on the photo attached.

Cheers!

Tony R. (aka codefour)
Tony R
2010 LD RB - Sold to another happy LD Family

Reply #2
Here is a pic of my clearance lights.

2016 Mid Bath

Reply #3
I'll recommend Todd Miller as a source of factory correct parts.  New enough that they should be obtainable still from the manufacturer or from Todd.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #4
Update!  E-trailer to the rescue. It’s a peterson 194R, they also have the chrome bezel. They have both the red and the amber (194A) for the front.
2016 Mid Bath

Reply #5
Also discovered one of my front amber clearance light had one of the LEDs out. Much more difficult to pull the wiring out far enough to crimp on the new light assy.

On the rear, I could pull the wiring and butt connectors out far enough to cut and splice on the new pigtails.

Hats off the LD for flooding the holes behind the lights with copious amounts of caulk.  No leaks possible.

Notice the clothes pins to prevent the wires from slipping back into the hole and disappearing forever.
2016 Mid Bath

Reply #7

Notice the clothes pins to prevent the wires from slipping back into the hole and disappearing forever.

When replacing the stock incandescent tail lights, it's a necessity to clamp the wires with hemostats before cutting old old tail lights free.  The first time I changed a set of tail lights to LEDs, I learned the hard way and watched the wires disappear forever into the back wall. A couple of hours later, a new set of wires had been snaked into position. Live and learn.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #8
I could pull the wiring and butt connectors out far enough to cut and splice on the new pigtails.

This thread brings to mind the situation when you have just a small length of wire available and can't get a good crimp. I've never used these solder seal connectors myself but I'm going to get some. Should take the stress out of the "I've only got one chance at this" situations. no-crimp connectors
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester