Skip to main content
Topic: LocknFlate Dual Wheel Tire Inflator (Read 214 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: LocknFlate Dual Wheel Tire Inflator
Reply #1
I've had experience with the grease gun end but not the other. The grease gun tip is a little big and sometimes hard to get into tight areas, I suspect the air chuck would be the same. Its pretty hard to beat the long permanent valve stems.

Jon
1994 MB

Reply #2
I am wondering what problem is being addressed?
Is it to access the inner tire stem, because you do not have long stems?
Do your tires need air often?
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #3
Don got it, a set of extended valve stems will eliminate the need for the inflator.

I have used extended inflators on duals in the past and hated the difficulty of inflation with that type of device and this one looks to be better, the only way to know is to try one.

Lovin our LD's extended stems
Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #4
Here's another vote for extended (Borg type) metal stems. With them, you can use any inflator, pressure gauge, or TPMS you like--including public tire inflators at service stations and truckstops, which are incompatible with the LocknFlate device. And you won't have to carry around an awkward piece of gear.

Note that by "extended stems," we mean specially bent metal tube stems, not "valve extension" hoses (with or without metal-braid coverings). The latter are not as reliable. For more information on extended stems, see this article in the Lazy Daze Companion.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
... and having said that, I now see that the LD Companion's link to Borg Tire Supply--now apparently called "Your Tire Shop Supply"--is broken. Does anybody have a link to the appropriate dually stem kit for Lazy Daze on their current website? The nearest I could get was this overall 'stems' page.
Andy Baird

Reply #6
... and having said that, I now see that the LD Companion's link to Borg Tire Supply--now apparently called "Your Tire Shop Supply"--is broken. Does anybody have a link to the appropriate dually stem kit for Lazy Daze on their current website? The nearest I could get was this overall 'stems' page.

Look at the bottom of this page for a table of chassis and the corresponding Borg valve extenders.  Also, you can call customer service if you are in doubt.

- John

Fulltimer with a 2021 MId-Bath “Babe”, 1996 Cherokee “Scout” and “Bandit” the wonder dog 🐶

Reply #7
These stems from your earlier reference, would be the ones for me to use on my 1999 E350 Ford chassis:
   DL1ECFR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit with Front Stems
   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #8
It would be good to update the Companion article to correct that broken link. 🙂
Andy Baird

Reply #9
Thank you all for your responses, and especially for the resourse links.  I will look into the extended valve thing.  I like that.
2017 RB

Reply #10
It would be good to update the Companion article to correct that broken link. 🙂

Good thing I just happened to read this thread.

BTW, there are MANY dead links on The Companion as many of the articles were taken from post made to the old forum. After 20 years, links die.
Happy to update any reported.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #11
These stems from your earlier reference, would be the ones for me to use on my 1999 E350 Ford chassis:
   DL1ECFR Chrome Duallyvalve Kit with Front Stems

Your Tire Shop Supply Store was previously known as Borg Tire. They carry extended stem kits and individual stems for various models of LD wheels.
After the Tire Man died, Borg became the primary source of extended stem kits.
Dually valve kits for Motor-homes, Busses and 6-wheeled chassis

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze