Skip to main content
Topic: Re: Cab Separator Ciurtain and Bunk Area Mesh (Read 316 times) previous topic - next topic
Re: Cab Separator Ciurtain and Bunk Area Mesh

Awhile back I asked for ideas for a cab separator curtain and something to keep things from falling out of the bunk area. For some reason I can't find either post. Anyhow, I wanted to follow up with my solutions. I knocked off Theresa's curtain idea and used someone else's recommendation for mesh. I am just adding a little trim piece above the curtain for a better seal. I used carabiner clips for the mesh so it's easy to take down. I think both should work OK.
jor
[/quote]
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Re: Re: Cab Separator Ciurtain and Bunk Area Mesh
Reply #1
Hi - we were the ones showing our mesh we had used.  You connected your mesh with..:

Looks like grommets attached with the fish fabric pieces?   Do you have a link / explanation?  Looks like a more robust connection.

Jane
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #2
Looks like grommets attached with the fish fabric pieces?

That's all it is. Just took a piece of fabric we had laying around, cut four little patches, folded them over the edge of the mesh and sewed them in place. Then I just put a grommet in each one. Works OK.

In that I removed the bunk cushion, I installed a couple of 5" high stoppers for the area not protected by the mesh.
jor

09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #3
Follow-up on bunk area

Finally got the bunk area the way we want it. We can store heavy stuff on the left and right behind the 5"x22" boards while the rest of the stuff goes behind the red mesh. I added an 1 1/2" fence as an extra measure in case the mesh let us down. Good to go.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #4
"I added an 1 1/2" fence as an extra measure in case the mesh let us down."

Your "foreman" on the wall should keep everything in line. 

BTW, your flowery pillow is the exact pattern of the blouse I wore yesterday!  I love it - so happy a fabric.

Virtual hugs,

Judie

Reply #5
Was the white track original? Where did you get the clips that ride in the track?
I try not to break the rules but merely test their elasticity.  '88 22RL converted to Rear Dinette

Reply #6
Was the white track original? Where did you get the clips that ride in the track?

The track was original. I had removed it. Glad I saved it. I got the clips from Todd. You can also get them on Amazon much cheaper. Look for track curtain hooks or gliders.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #7

Hi Bob;  Different years had different tracks. Or maybe some had replaced the tracks.  My '99 has this type: Amazon.com: JR Products 81085 Sliding Eye Curtain Carrier - Type A : Automotive  Available at many locations.
   I didn't like the sharp ends on the steel curtain hooks, so I sewed each plastic slider directly onto the curtain.  This type might do: https://www.sailrite.com/Button-Carrier-w-SS-Hook-for-Ceiling-Mount-Curtain-Track-Pack-10?gclid=CjwKCAjwx_eiBhBGEiwA15gLN3vQ60RYN9Om6tEkqtzLGHmdoZdq6vAtR2jPlq9ikuM3XrUaK3-56BoCc3EQAvD_BwE
    These slide in the track  https://www.etrailer.com/Living-Room-Accessories/JR-Products/37281075.html   and snap strip is sewn into the curtain:  https://www.etrailer.com/Living-Room-Accessories/JR-Products/37281005.html?feed=npn&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google%20%7C%20Shop%20-%20Low%20Volume%20-%201000%20-%20All&adgroupid=108452021885&campaignid=11229265674&creative=468863949313&device=c&devicemodel=&feeditemid=&keyword=&loc_interest_ms=&loc_physical_ms=9061201&matchtype=&network=g&placement=&position=&gclid=CjwKCAjwx_eiBhBGEiwA15gLN6xeNHXSw1w8YkJ4aHUBYwd7pBA2l8fiFeKc2b6tNitVFulzAC1ODhoCFFYQAvD_BwE
 Hope this helps. RonB

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB