Skip to main content
Topic: Kia hits truck tire on freeway (Read 236 times) previous topic - next topic
Kia hits truck tire on freeway
Look what happens when a 2800 lb Kia meets a truck tire on the freeway...

http://youtu.be/v4qfWknMJMA

- John
Fulltimer with a 2021 MId-Bath “Babe”, 1996 Cherokee “Scout” and “Bandit” the wonder dog 🐶

Re: Kia hits truck tire on freeway
Reply #1
Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time!  Lucky driver to have only minor injuries. 
Would hate to be the shop/person who put that tire on!  While no arrests, I'm sure the civil courts will be involved.
2004 MB Lazy Daze, Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door
Previous LD: 92 22RB, 98 30IB, 15 27RB
Previous TT: 2020 Lance 2185

Reply #2
It wasn't even a real truck tire!  My Tacoma has 16" wheels like the motorhome.  Real Truck tires as in Semi truck and trailer are much larger, 19.5 and 22.5".  This tire was spinning the right direction, and was just the right height to have that small car ride up on top of it.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #3
I was behind a fifth wheel camper one time and one of the trailer tires came off. It crossed the highway in front of me, hit the center medium and crossed back over the highway and eventually went through a barbed wire fence at the edge of the right of way and wound up about a 100 yards in the field. It must of traveled about a quarter of a mile before it stopped. When they come off there is some tremendous force, I always felt lucky I was as far back as I was. Best of all, when I cought up to  the driver he  didn't have a clue of what had happened.

Jon
1994 MB

Reply #4
Whoever was lucky enough to be in the vehicle that had a dash cam and caught this, has made it to every forum and news outlet in America.
I hope they made a lot of money on this.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #5
Saw another take on this video, the guy narrating pointed out the brake disk still attached to the wheel, so the wheel bearing completely separated from the hub.  The noise coming from that wheel must have been painfully loud. How long did this idiot drive the truck this way? Should be liable for all injuries and damage.
2016 Mid Bath