Skip to main content
Topic: E450 wont start (Read 1199 times) previous topic - next topic
Re: E450 wont start
Reply #50
Hi Bob;  I remember that someone here has installed an auxiliary pump, so that if the main pump quit, there would be a way to proceed.  Might not pass smog, or some other problem. I'm not sure about particulars. I believe this other person was obtaining gasoline through some other port than through the main pump. Maybe they will respond with some details.  Found that thread here:  Fuel Pump Replacement and Dropping Fuel Tank      RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #51
The in-tank fuel pump consists of a pump, a filter, and a fuel pressure regulator. The filter may be plugged or close to it being so old. An external pump must operate at the correct pressure and be regulated to the pressure the particular engine needs.
Too much or too little pressure would cause issues, possibly severe.
The best choice is replacing the in-tank fuel pump.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #52
when I changed my fuel pump i didn't drain all the fuel; but of course it wasn't full. Don't remember how much was left in it but I wished I had drained it because it is a Pain In the A@@@#  to deal with the extra weight.

Reply #53
Hi guys

I have a 2007, 31ft, IB  LD  which had its fuel pump die.  On a recommendation  it was repaired in Flagstaff, Az

by a quality shop.  Fuel tank was 3/4 full but they did not drain.  I stood and  watched as the mechanic  jacked up MH

then  wheel underneath  2 portable hydraulic jacks  on which he had 2 4x4 lumber for support.slow and carefully  Lowered tank   This was a piece of cake for him

had work done in short order.  Yes hoses were renewed.

Just saying

Bob Wilson
2007 31 IB