Skip to main content
Topic: 2002 windows (Read 263 times) previous topic - next topic
2002 windows
Hi Folks,
Can anyone tell me who the manufacturer was of the windows in my 2002 MB ?
The small window in the overhead on the drivers side is cracked, and I would like to get a new one.\
Thanks in advance
Cal
2002 MidBath

Re: 2002 windows
Reply #1
You may want to start your research with these folks but be aware that there are many others. Google is your friend!

Creation windows
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
Hi Cal;  My 1999 windows had Hehr stickers on a few of them at purchase.  Since they were/are located in Los Angeles, I think Lazy Daze tried to stay local.  Lippert international bought Hehr in 2018.  Lippert Components Acquires Window And Glass Business Of Hehr International Inc.  an article announcing the aquisition.  Depending on where you are located, you might be able to at least get a part number. They may not do business directly, but a Lippert distributor in your area might be able to get the new window, or just a piece of new glass to fit your frame.   RonB

edit:  One dealership located here, but doesn't list glass:  GIANT RV-PARTS    A Hehr (Lippert) distributer
                 9150 BENSON AVE
                 MONTCLAIR, CA 91763-1688
                 Phone: (909) 981-0444
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #3
Thanks Ron,
I think maybe just getting a new piece of glass for the frame is the way to go. Duh, I didn’t think of that. Love this group thanks everyone
2002 MidBath

Reply #4
I don't know about tempered, but automotive safety glass is two panes sandwiching a plastic sheet to prevent sharp shards if impacted. Important to replace with same. Later models have true dual-pane windows, with known issues.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #5
Hi LazyXJ;  I referenced Hehr glass to keep the same type and tint of the new glass. RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #6
The glass used in your LD is dual- pane, tempered safety glass. Glass from a hardware store  is not safety glass and its use is not recommended. Hardware store glass is also much thinner than the existing glass.
A good glass shop should be able to help provide the correct glass.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #7
Talk to nagcoglass in Pomona.
They have done a lot of replacements of windows while the factory was around.

Loading interface...

We spoke to them at length recently.
If you have the “single pane” laminated window they are 3/16” not 1/4” like most RVs.
Nadcoglass has a source.
Original tinting no longer available so limo tinting put on after the window is received is recommended.

They will also replace the vynal (gaskets around outside of windows ) if you tell them where to get the gasket or get some to them.
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.