Skip to main content
Topic: LED Headlight upgrade (Read 229 times) previous topic - next topic
LED Headlight upgrade

Finally got around to upgrading my dim stock headlights, using BEAMTECH H13 LED Bulb, S1 Series

Found this video very helpful:

How to change the headlight on 2017 Ford E450

Though it didn’t mention the size of the bolts or that they were different
      5/16” for top bolt
      9/32” for bottom two bolts
I do agree with the guy in the video, undo the other two lights, makes it easier.

Pretty much plug and play, though I did need to get a bit creative routing the cable since the new LED light didn’t plug directly into the electrical connection, had a wire tail that got in the way when I reinstalled things.

Will check the sim, etc once it’s dark out.

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Dave

2017 TK

Re: LED Headlight upgrade
Reply #1
Ooh, 21:15 local, too late to go look.   On the to-do list for tomorrow....
If I can survive the 20 yd commute  ;)
Joel & Terry Wiley
dog Zeke
2013  31 IB   Orwan   / 2011 CRV Tow'd LWEROVE

Reply #2
I installed these last year and they have been excellent. Make sure you put them in right or your high beam won’t point properly. Instructions explain which way they go.

I got ragged on a bit when I made a post about this last year from the old school purists but I think they spread light very well at night. No issues.
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Reply #3
I installed these last year and they have been excellent. Make sure you put them in right or your high beam won’t point properly. Instructions explain which way they go.

I got ragged on a bit when I made a post about this last year from the old school purists but I think they spread light very well at night. No issues.
That was the only real hiccup in the install, wasn’t very clear on which LED were the high beams, figured it out after a bit, but would have liked to see a label on the light to make it clear.

They look impressive light wise, though it will be a while before I drive with them at night.
Dave

2017 TK