Skip to main content
Topic: The "How Much Did You Pay For Your LD" psuedo price guide (Read 662 times) previous topic - next topic
The "How Much Did You Pay For Your LD" psuedo price guide
Well, I don't see the new thread started that is here to assist current and LD wanna be's as to a general price guide. It has been determined by many members that the current Lazy Daze guide hasn't been updated for a couple of years and was a very broad price guide at best.

So, if you're comfortable share the following to help others have a very general value of their rig.

-Make/Model/Engine
-Model (floor layout and lenght)
-Year of rig
-Mileage
-Month and year purchased
-Price paid for your rig
-Noteworthy upgrades/parts that added value to your rig at purchase (extra solar, LED upgrades, new tires etc.)
-Upgrades you have done since ownership

If the moderators find this helpful maybe one of the smart ones can create a nice spreadsheet to help us create
"The Lazy Daze Price Guide 2.0".

I'll go first
-Ford / E450 V10
-Rear Bath
-19,700 miles (Wow I know)
-purchased in August 2019
-$30,000 cash

-Pretty much an unmolested rig and factory fresh. A dented rear bumper and a couple of scrapes but overall very nice and kept covered. I consider this price to be an anomaly because I formed a great relationship with the seller and he was very happy to see his rig going to a younger family with children. After purchase I proactively replaced the chassis and house batteries along with a new set of tires all due to age but still in operating condition. In addition, I have replaced the roof fan vent covers, installed a Progressive Dynamics converter, upgraded to a 22" Vizio LED HDTV, installed LEDs throughout.
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Re: The "How Much Did You Pay For Your LD" psuedo price guide
Reply #1
I like this idea, so I' in here.

1994 Mid Bath E350 460 engine, purchased July 2018 $ 18000.00
Garaged, 3rd owner
57,000 miles
New frig
Generator
Air conditioning
No solar

Improvements
New tires
2 new coach batteries
1 new engine battery
Complete maintaince
Seal roof
recalk all windows
Up grade electrical entrance
New water pump
Hot water heater bypass
Convert all interior lighting to LED
New 4 stage converter & battery monitor
Misc. minor stuff
1994 MB

Reply #2
-Ford / E450 V10
-Twin King
-7,117 miles
-purchased in March 2022
-$90,000 cash

-Mint condition, original tires, no mods by original owner, inherited leveling ramps, EMS-PT30X, various dump accessories, basic pots, pans and utensils.

I’ve since replaced aged out tires, added TPMS, added a large screen GPS radio head, upgraded solar to 850 watts, 400ah LiFE batteries, 3000 watt inverter, built a pantry, added a fan cover
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #3
There used to be one of these in the old Yahoo Groups.  Guess it got lost somewhere.  I can create a spreadsheet.  

-Make/Model/Engine. Ford E450 V10
-Model (floor layout and length). 26.5MB
-Year of rig. 2004
-Mileage. 50,000
-Month and year purchased. October, 2022
-Price paid for your rig. $35,500
-Noteworthy upgrades/parts that added value to your rig at purchase (extra solar, LED upgrades, new tires etc.). New Tires, In 2018 the Mothership (at the Lazy Daze factory in Pomona) resealed the roof, replaced all roof vents, fans, escape lid and shower dome. 
In 2020 Bigfoot Platinum series hydraulic levelers were installed at the Bigfoot factory.  All rear windows and kitchen table windows were removed & defogged, reinstalled with new Mothership seals and processes.  Spark Plugs, Ignition Coils, PVC valve, fuel filter and serpentine belt was replaced.  The Undercarriage (frame & suspension) were cleaned & painted.  The shocks were replaced with Bilstein Comfort, the Front and rear sway bars were replaced with Hellwig sway bars.  The steering Damper Roadmaster RSSC.  A new TV was installed and the Stereo was updated with Bluetooth, hands free calls and Apple Car Play.  In 2021 a Full brake system rebuild, including all new bearings and seals, brake hoses, hubs, rotors, calipers and brake pads.  New Michelin Agilest Tires, Vision Alloy Wheels and TPMS.  Always garaged. 

-Upgrades you have done since ownership:  800W Solar with Victron Charge Controller, 400A Lithium, Additional AC plugs in bedroom, dash cam, rear monitor, TPMS, Victron Multiplus & Cerbo, External plug for Starlink

2004 MB Lazy Daze, Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door
Previous LD: 92 22RB, 98 30IB, 15 27RB
Previous TT: 2020 Lance 2185

Reply #4
Here is a spreadsheet, I would be happy to maintain & edit as necessary.

Reply #5
Here is a screenshot of the spreadsheet for those who do not like spreadsheets!

Reply #6
Here is a spreadsheet, I would be happy to maintain & edit as necessary.

Thank you for making the spreadsheet! I declare you spreadsheet master! :P
Joe B.
2008 26ft  grey/white Rear Bath
Family of 5 hitting the open road as much as we can.

Reply #7
What's missing here is the date of your sale.  I think that is a very important fact.
2000 MB

Reply #9
What's missing here is the date of your sale.  I think that is a very important fact.
WHOOPS, THESE ARE ALL BUYERS, NOT SELLERS.  SALE DATE IS THEIR PURCHASE DATE. 

COMEON SELLERS, POST YOUR SALE INFO.  MAYBE SELLERS ABANDON THIS BLOG AND THEY WON'T/CAN'T POST DATA.  WE'LL SEE.
2000 MB

Reply #10
Hi Bob, All caps is considered 'yelling loudly' . Please use capital letters just for the beginnings of sentences or proper names.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #11
2007. purchased on 11-07-07,  $85,000. 31 foot queen bed.   I value at $45,000  plus.

Bob
2007 31 IB

Reply #12
We can change the date column to whatever works for most of us.  The idea was to list the date a transfer of one LD owner to another was made.  The year by year first sale dates are available from what the Mothership originally sold the rigs. 

To be less confusing, I'll change it to M - Y Transferred Ownership

Reply #13

Agree.  Very different purchasing in 2018 vs 2022... and not just the age difference that results.  The market in 2020-22 was quite different than pre-2020, and we are seeing signs that things are changing/reverting.

Reply #14
Agree.  Very different purchasing in 2018 vs 2022... and not just the age difference that results.  The market in 2020-22 was quite different than pre-2020, and we are seeing signs that things are changing/reverting.
I don't think the date is missing - it's there - Month & Year.   Happy to add the day, but I don't think that is important.

Reply #15
-Make/Model/Engine: Ford/E350/V10
-Model (floor layout and lenght): 23.5 TK
-Year of rig: 2001
-Mileage: 91,000
-Month and year purchased: 08/22
-Price paid for your rig: $27,500
-Noteworthy upgrades/parts: Always kept under cover or garaged, Full Banks Powerpak, Tow bar Assembly, Dish network auto Satellite, Newer AGM house and chassis batteries, automatic battery water kit, 1000 watt inverter, new Thetford porcelain toilet w/toilet riser, leveling blocks, wood flooring throughout, LED tailight and running lights conversion.
-Upgrades you have done since ownership: TPMS, Backup Camera, Levelmate Pro, Dash Camera, complete LED lighting conversion throughout coach, new headlights.
2001 23.5 twin/king. Second owners, first time Lazy Dazer

Reply #16
You can also email the information to steve@toothvet.info and remain anonymous.

Reply #17
-Make/Model/Engine. Ford E450 V10
-Model (floor layout and length). 26.5 RB
-Year of rig. 2005
-Mileage. 7,000
-Month and year purchased. March 2009
-Price paid for your rig. $53,000.
-Noteworthy upgrades/parts that added value to your rig at purchase
  HWH Levelers, Banks
-Upgrades you have done since ownership:      New tires and sway bars. Larry installed two cat heaters (with quick connect), resealed the roof, and did other improvements for a week. 
400W Solar package with appropriate AGM batteries, and surge protection professionally installed by AM Solar in October of 2009.

Virtual hugs,

Judie

Reply #18
Thanks Judie
Keep them coming!

Reply #19
Make/Model/Engine. Ford E450 V10
-Model (floor layout and length). 26.5 RB
-Year of rig. 2007
-Mileage. 12,500
-Month and year purchased. Nov 2022
-Price paid for your rig. $27,000.
-Noteworthy upgrades/parts that added value to your rig at purchase
  HWH Levelers, In-Motion Satellite, CB, Rear window awning, Steer Safe unit, SS braided valve stem extenders, Bilstein Shocks, Two Solar panels, 15K A/C Upgrade, Hardwood Dash, Entertainment Center, Bose Entertainment, Electric entry step, Faux leather cab seats
-Upgrades you have done since ownership:      New house batteries. Removed carpeting, Installed Camway battery monitor, Installed new kitchen window

Don
'07 26.5 Rear Bath
‘18 Coachman Leprechaun
‘10 Jayco Eagle 5th Wheel

Reply #20
I goofed - forgot to have the LD Model type.  Some did not indicate length, so I just put model.

Here is the latest spreadsheet & .pdf of same.

Reply #21
I don't want to overcomplicate this, but I wonder if the State where the sale took place would be useful.

Reply #22
I don't want to overcomplicate this, but I wonder if the State where the sale took place would be useful.
Interesting thought, though given the low number of sales to start with, not sure that will be statistically useful.

Dave

2017 TK

Reply #23
I'm with Dave. Given the relatively small size of the database, there will be many states with one sale or no sales. And since most used LD sales occur across state lines--in many cases across the continent--even if the data were richer, state-by-state data would probably not be very meaningful.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"