Skip to main content
Topic: Re: MCD Innovations day/night shades for the LD (Read 159 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from MCD Innovations day/...
Re: MCD Innovations day/night shades for the LD
[Split new discussion out of the Yahoo Archive board - Michelle]

Well now… hi Mike Coachman!!  I am in the process of using same company to build my window shades. 
 I just installed Levelor roller blinds in the kitchen window and over the dining table.  Once I install the new shades made in Katy Tx I can decide if I want to go ahead with more all from same company.
mar 🌴❤️🌺
Current 1 and only: 2003 LD Mid Bath 26.5
2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie TT
2011 Dutchman Colorado 32' TT
2011 iCamp 14' TT
1985 Coachman Catalina 32' RV

Re: Re: MCD Innovations day/night shades for the LD
Reply #1
Mar,
The MCD shades is what LD has been using in the new coaches and they work quite well. The roller tension can be adjusted if needed. The daytime black screen shades some felt are unnecessary however I have found them to be quite handy many times over. I like having them mounted closest to the glass with the solid shades mounted inward. Just a personal preference. It can be somewhat difficult mounting them under the valances. I loosened the valance screws at the top and removed them at the base to make a little more room for attaching the metal roller mounts. Hope your project goes well and "Merry Christmas!"
Mike C
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Re: Re: MCD Innovations day/night shades for the LD
Reply #2
Howdy Mike,
I have no valances, I am considering different ways to make that back window roller system top notch....Thanks for the info about the placement of the black shade, I have one more correspondence with the Roller Shade company Monday and I will request that same configuration.

all the best,

mar
mar 🌴❤️🌺
Current 1 and only: 2003 LD Mid Bath 26.5
2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie TT
2011 Dutchman Colorado 32' TT
2011 iCamp 14' TT
1985 Coachman Catalina 32' RV

Re: MCD Innovations day/night shades for the LD
Reply #3
Hi Mar;  I believe in the past at least one person put a roller shade in the back window, and used aluminum 3/4" or 1" wide by 1/8" thick flat bar stock. They mounted a vertical strip on each side, at the ends of the window. It would keep the shade and the roller, an even distance from the slanted window. Neater, and not hanging straight down.  (sort of a very small valance in construction.  You might be able to use a clear piece of acrylic also.)      RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB