Skip to main content
Topic: 1922 Ford Model-T Camper Van (Read 303 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 1922 Ford Model-T Camper Van
Reply #1
I will take it any day.
No engine computer
No Ford TFI IV Electronic Ignition.
Not many electronic gizmos!
Easy to work on.
Con
Likely to be stolen.
odd tire size
more work that my 1988 MB.
Everybody will want to look at it.
Rodney
1988 Mid Bath

Reply #2
I think it's kind of a pity that after doing a perfect "period" restoration on the exterior, they gave it a bland modern-RV interior. If this vehicle were actually meant to be used as an RV, I could maybe see it... but with a top speed of 40 mph, that seems highly unlikely. It's a show car. And if you're restoring a hundred-year-old antique to show, do the job inside and out!
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
I think it's kind of a pity that after doing a perfect "period" restoration on the exterior, they gave it a bland modern-RV interior. If this vehicle were actually meant to be used as an RV, I could maybe see it... but with a top speed of 40 mph, that seems highly unlikely. It's a show car. And if you're restoring a hundred-year-old antique to show, do the job inside and out!
Exactly, like this 1931 Ford Housecar at the RV/MH Hall of Fame.
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #4
I strongly feel the cargo-carrying capacity (c.c.c.) was already over the limit when they were initially built. In other words, the c.c.c. was over the limit before anyone even got into the R.V.
Sam

Reply #5
"I strongly feel the cargo-carrying capacity (c.c.c.) was already over the limit..."

Hehe! This vehicle appeared not long after folks were hauling hay wagons, or even Conestogas,   :D  ;)

Just throw any thing in and let's get going!  ::)
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #6
CCC . . . what’s that?
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #8
Turkish Cotton Trucks…

It’s always fun to see how other countries transport goods considering all the laws and rules we have here in the US.  Had to dig back in the archives to find these photos from a 2015 trip to the island of Luzon, Philippines. Notice the motorcycle driver riding side-saddle and wearing sandals. 🤔

Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #9
"...these photos from a 2015 trip to the island of Luzon, Philippines."

Had to laugh, been there, seen that and found it amazing how many people they can cram onto one of their 'Jeepneys'!  :o

Remarkable Philippine Jeepneys, UHM Center for Philippine Studies
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #10
Being as this thread has turned into a discussion of overloaded vehicles… If you attend the Morro Bay GTG, I’ll tell you the true and personally witnessed tale of when a bus, a road grader and man with a 300 lb hog tied to his bicycle all meet on a dirt road at the same time.  Hehe 🤭

- John
Fulltimer with a 2021 MId-Bath “Babe”, 1996 Cherokee “Scout” and “Bandit” the wonder dog 🐶