Skip to main content
Topic: Folding Din.Rm. Table Cabinet Box removal... (Read 295 times) previous topic - next topic
Folding Din.Rm. Table Cabinet Box removal...
Hi ~ I have a 1994 22ft. Rear bath model.
 I'm wondering if you would be kind enough to tell me how to remove the box that the folding table is hinged on, that is mounted to the wall -?  -Or, at least the top of it?  Of course there is no clue visible of where the attachment points are...

Many thanks for any help offered!    ~ Gary
X

Re: Folding Din.Rm. Table Cabinet Box removal...
Reply #2
I think it easier said than done, there are a lot of conversations about removing cabinetry. As they say, glued, screwed and tattooed. Almost impossible to remove in one piece.

Jon
1994 MB

Reply #3
Gary,
  I think I'd pull the 120v outlet and give it a look with a flashlight or endoscope.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #4
My suggestion would be to use a Multi Master type tool with a metal and wood everything cutting bit, then you can slice through the MANY screws LazyDaze folks used to assemble it and attach it in the camper.  Figure that it may have been screwed from the outside before the camper was fully assembled.

Karen~Liam
      98 ~ MB
        NinA
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Reply #5
I am by no means nearly as knowledgeable as most LD owners, but after reading a lot of information on this site, I can say with confidence the following statement:

It is highly possible that removing the box would damage the wall, so I would reconsider leaving it. If you are going to remove it, plan on spending a lot of time doing it because it was built never to be removed.
Sam

Reply #6
Owning two Front Lounges, for twenty-eight years, I'm very familiar with the table/battery box.
The top part of the box is mostly empty except for the wiring passing through it. I have cut the box open and used the wasted space, here are photos of what to expect to find inside.
Wine rack | Flickr
Removing the box will require relocating the coach battery, several breakers, and a lot of heavy wiring, which is certainly not a beginner's project. I have no idea where you would relocate everything, there is no close by empty space.

As previously mentioned, removing the box will destroy it and possibly badly damage the wall. Liam's suggestion to use an oscillating tool with a wood/metal blade to cut the box free is a good idea.
Removing the box isn't such a great idea.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #7
Thanks for the pics, Larry!   I mainly wanted to see what's inside, how much empty space is available in there. Only interested in using the upper area, as you showed.

Thanks, all!