Skip to main content
Topic: Dinette Table (Read 262 times) previous topic - next topic
Dinette Table
Got tired of kicking that dinette table leg. Replaced the table with 3/4" sanded plywood and cut it a couple inches shorter than the original. Much easier to get in an out of too. Might replace it with hardwood if I come across the right stuff one of these days.
jor

09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Re: Dinette Table
Reply #1
Nice job, Jor.  That table leg has always been a pet peeve of mine.  My only concern with your solution is I could see me or my better half absent-mindedly putting a hand down on the end of the table to assist while sitting down or standing up.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
My only concern with your solution is I could see me or my better half absent-mindedly putting a hand down on the end of the table to assist while sitting down or standing up.

It's pretty stout. I used steel brackets with 15" on the wall and 21" under the table. I had intended on using hollow wall anchors but decided to go with screws instead as the wall is thicker than I thought (about 1/2") so the screws get a really good bite. No problem using the table end as an assist. I wouldn't sit on it though!  :D The brackets don't interfere at all with your legs.

As an aside, we have about 1 1/2" from the wall surface to the exterior wall.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #3
Dinette Table Follow-Up

Made a modification to the no-leg table. I added a brace on top screwed into the wall and the table. That thing is solid. Go ahead. Put your hands on the end and lean into that baby!  ;D  ;D  ;D  I was thinking about different mods we've done and this is one of my favorites. I hated that damn lonesome leg!
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester