Skip to main content
Topic: Life Cycle - RVing (Read 138 times) previous topic - next topic
Life Cycle - RVing
I’ve been reflecting on some of the RVers in this Neighborhood who were longtime LD/RV Owners and longtime travelers and then decided it was time to sell their rolling homes.  And stop RVing. 

I understand that it’s kinda foolish to become overly attached to “things,” as we have with our LD.  Nevertheless I can easily understand how difficult it will be to sell one’s LD/RV after years of wonderful adventures, mishaps, storms, beautiful camping places, etc.

This is one of the life’s cycles that I don’t appreciate. 😢

Re: Life Cycle - RVing
Reply #1
We developed a sincere friendship with the couple that sold us their RV. Part of their request is that, as we maintain contact, that we send updates of our travels from time to time. As they are now 80, they get continued enjoyment out of seeing us enjoy this well-loved RV. And their happiness and encouragement also benefits us. So, as soon as we settle in at a campsite, my first task is always to send a pic of the RV in the site and tell them where we are. It always sparks a nice conversation.
Jason

2003 Rear Bath
"Razor Crest"
Our first RV, purchased from the original owner 01/2022

Re: Life Cycle - RVing
Reply #2
We use to own a 1984 itaska Sundancer 20' SOB. 
       When our kids were 1 & 4 when we got it and we went everywhere within 1,500 miles of the PNW, we had it for 23 years.  Recently we got our 98~MB in 2016, we had been actively looking for 3 years. 
       Our boys had now grown up and camping trips in an RV did not have the sheen that it once had.  Our older son did live in the itaska on the Oregon coast for half a year till he could find housing for his first job and we did use our itaska to go to the desert many times without the boys.  We might have kept the itaska longer, forever?  But we only had room for one RV in our storage and it was expensive to store the itaska offsite.  We even raised a Costco car tent to 12ft high to store the itaska for a year.  When our oldest son began building his tiniHouse the itaska became the work/tool shed and bathroom.  Once that was done it was time for the itaska to move on to a new owner in 2020. 
       We will miss the time we spent with our kids in the itaska when they were little, innocent and interested in everything and all of the memories we shared.  However we won't miss the 80s engineering or lighting the fridge, hot water heater, stove & stove top with a lighter, nor 5 gal black & 12 gal gray tanks or a carburetor.  One good thing was that the itaska Never Stranded us anywhere for too long! 
       Well it was time and the move to our LD was like a dream.  When I was driving it back home from South Western Washington where we bought it, my youngest Son called, he and a buddy were Ski mountaineering in the cascades and need a base camp for their first night.  He thought he would be staying in the itaska but there was only the Big Blue WonderDaze. 
        He said "whats this!  This is a Mansion!"
That day I had stopped at the dollar store and picked up a few things for us to stay in this empty New "Mansion".  Since then both boys have stayed in the "Mansion".  Now we make new memories in our LD and look forward hoping it will Never End!

Karen~Liam
              98 ~ MB
                NinA
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags