Skip to main content
Topic: EMS-HW30C (Read 124 times) previous topic - next topic
EMS-HW30C
So I ordered the Progressive Industries hardwired EMS with remote.  For those that have installed this unit in a Mid-Bath, where did you install it?

Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: EMS-HW30C
Reply #1
Greg, bear in mind you ideally want this to monitor shorepower AND generator, which means disconnecting the transfer switch to converter link and splicing it in there. So, mounting near the converter with easy enough access to periodically check the internal connections - that is where to look. In our FL, I mounted it near the shorepower inlet, simply because there was an existing access panel at that location. Then, I ran a pair of Romex runs from there back to the converter location a few feet away.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Greg-

I mounted mine under the sink, against the outside wall, near the cable entrance. I had already removed the "mousehole" and replaced it with an outlet, so the space taken by the cord was available.

When I mounted the EMS I used Romex, and left large enough loops on both ends to pull the EMS out from under the sink and into the space between sink and dinette. It was much easier to install/service that way.

I mounted the remote display on the inside of the door under the sink.

Project pictures are at this link.

Mark H.
Former owner, 31-foot gas Class A
Former owner, 1997-8 mid-bath

Reply #4
The surge protector should be located inside, under the kitchen cabinet, right next to the Power Center, it connects directly to the Power Center.
The easiest place to locate the remote fob is down low, on the same wall as the Power Center, someplace that is easily visible.
Getting the fob's cable to one of the upper cabinets is a difficult and long wiring run.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze