Aren't you glad you bought a Lazy Daze?

https://www.rvtravel.com/cw-essay-1073/
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: SOB's
Reply #1
It would seem that there is an opportunity for folks with the skills (mechanical and business/customer service), to make a living in the RV repair field.  I knew a “mobile RV repairman” in Jackson Hole that did quite well at it.  

I don’t have the energy and flexibility myself - it’s about all I can do to take care of our coach which, thankfully (to your point Greg), hasn’t required service for component or construction faults. 
Warren
2019 MB “Dream Catcher”
Jeep Wrangler JL

Reply #2
Hi Greg;  Well a bulge in sales during and after Covid, results in a bulge in repairs needed after the sale.  Many of these may not be quality related or even the fault of the manufacturer. I'm sure that many ARE though.  Many could just be standard maintenance issues, oil changes/tires/ air cleaners etc.  and things related to battery life. Some issues could be as a result of many people new to the world of trailers/ motorhomes/ RV's.
   My LD has been up on jacks for a few weeks after a squirrel got a hold of the vacuum line feeding the air conditioner duct controls.  The last part I needed arrived yesterday, so I can put the 'doghouse' back in place after the repairs are confirmed.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #3
So many young men buy these RV's and Homes today and don't even know how to operate a screwdriver.

As a Real Estate agent I see this in homes daily also.
Rick and Melissa
2016 27ft RB

Reply #4
   My LD has been up on jacks for a few weeks after a squirrel got a hold of the vacuum line feeding the air conditioner duct controls.  The last part I needed arrived yesterday, so I can put the 'doghouse' back in place after the repairs are confirmed.   RonB
HA!   Just got our coach out of the shop ('tho only took 2 days), for exactly the same problem.  Seems them varmints like vacuum lines...

Had the shop check all the other hoses and wiring to see if said varmint snacked anywhere else.  Apparently not, he went for the main... line...  might have to coat it with some of our New Mexico red/green chili and give 'em a thrill next time!

Zia, our 2006 24’ TK
570 watts solar, 300Ah lithium
SKP Lifetime member #105622
Land of Enchantment

Reply #5
Rodents chewed my vacuum lines to the ventilation system also.
2013 27’ Mid-Bath
2005 Honda CR-V

Reply #6
Well that confirms to me that this particular line is out in the open enough at the top or nearby the passenger side wheel well, above the tire, that it provides an attractive snack for rodents. I'm happy that it apparently was the only thing chewed on (this time).  There are many YouTube videos 'out there' detailing quick fixes.  I have an armored stainless water hose big enough to run this 3 mm. vacuum line through. (an old pull out water faucet flex hose).   A friend gave me some Honda capsaicin tape used to wrap electrical wiring to reduce predation.   Genuine Honda Rodent Tape - 4019-2317    I may use this on some wiring harnesses while I have the 'doghouse' loose.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #7
So many young men buy these RV's and Homes today and don't even know how to operate a screwdriver.

Bingo, Manufacturers can be blamed, RV service can be blamed, but ultimately it is the buyer who is not qualified to do even a cursory inspection before buying.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #9
Bingo, Manufacturers can be blamed, RV service can be blamed, but ultimately it is the buyer who is not qualified to do even a cursory inspection before buying.

No disagreeing but I have found the only way to get wisdom is by making a mistake.   ALL lessons cost money.   One of the lessons I try to impart to my family is to 'never fall in love with something that can't love you back.'   And the first question you ask before you buy something is 'what can I sell this for'.   Hopefully, those two bits of wisdom will cut done on the cost of the wisdom.

glen
personal fine art photo stuff
TF Mack | Flickr
It's all good .......
2014 Twin King