Skip to main content
Topic: Food Storage Containers (Read 235 times) previous topic - next topic
Food Storage Containers
While wandering through Costco one day we spotted a set of Snapware food containers. So we thought we would try them at home. That was a good choice as they could be used in a microwave (we don't), freezer, refrigerator, etc. What we liked was that the snap lids worked well making a good seal and when unused the lids and containers nested well in the storage cabinet or drawers.  Disclaimer: We have no dog in this race. This is just a personal opinion.
Come time to travel. We got a few more containers and tried applying them to food storage in Villa Verde. We were very pleased to see how well these containers (particularly the rectangular ones) fit in the refrigerator & freezer and still allowing air to circulate around them. (See pix) When stored the nesting took up less room. So we got an extra set of containers for the motorhome. There were some sizes we needed a few more of and we ordered those on the Snapware web site. We are continuing to be happy campers.
Mike C
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Re: Food Storage Containers
Reply #1
Mike and Elizabeth showed us these containers when they visited our community last year. We decided to purchase some also from Costco and have been using them this past year. Other than one or two of the lids not snapping completely, we are quite happy with them as well.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
I have a set as well and like them. Better than the last set I had with plastic containers instead of glass.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #4
We switched to Rubbermaid brilliance containers some time ago.
I can’t tell from the internet how easy it is to clean the snapwell, but I got tired of the  amount of water needed to clean the typical Tupperware/Rubbermaid old style cloudy plastic, especially if there was any amount of fat in the food.  Since we do/plan to boondock
a lot easier to clean with less water is a big plus.
 With the rubber brilliance, a wipe with paper towels gets just about everything off, so only a small amount of water is needed to make it squeaky clean  (similar to Pyrex or glass but less problems with breaking if you drop it).

Any feedback If the snapwell is made with the easier to clean plastics (like Tristan or whatever is used in the Rubbermaid brilliance) - that wipes close to squeaky clean would be appreciated.
Jane & Scott
Currently have a 1989 TK  LD we did a lot of upgrades on.
Bigfoot 25RQ Twin on order with early summer 2024 ETA

Our smartphone autocorrects into very poor English.
 We disclaim the illusion of ignorance this creates as we have enough ignorance we rightly claim.

Reply #5

Just my 2¢

When I was looking for storage containers for pasta I found some on Amazon under the name of Komax. I bought two and then another two and have been using them in my house pantry with excellent results.

Perhaps something from the Komax site would work for you.

Amazon.com: Komax

Amazon.com: Komax Biokips Pasta Storage Containers w/Locking Lids (Set of 2)...

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!