Skip to main content
Topic: Dash Speaker Removal (Read 128 times) previous topic - next topic
Dash Speaker Removal
I could not find anything about this on LD Forum or elsewhere for that matter. Mine is a 1989 Chevy G30 and hope someone has some hints, tips and tricks. TIA!
LD 22', 1989 Custom Build. Chassis 1990 Chevy Van G30, 5.7l.

Re: Dash Speaker Removal
Reply #1
I could not find anything about this on LD Forum or elsewhere for that matter. Mine is a 1989 Chevy G30 and hope someone has some hints, tips and tricks. TIA!

Given how old the chassis is and that the chassis portion is not Lazy Daze specific, I would do generic searches such as “Chevy g30 speaker” in google, one I found was replace front speakers in a G Van

Most references state how much of a pain it is to replace them.
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #2
Believe me I know the pain and what tiny spaces do to your hand and skin. Thanks for the link which I had previously found. Mine is considerably different. I did in fact get to the left speaker which I am about to replace. I will make a decision on the right speaker as it still works. Fortunately I am not much of an audiophile so I can live with 33 yr old speakers. But I may change my mind.

Reply #3
Would it make it any easier to remove the padded top dash. I had one off in an older Suburban as I recall just several screw and it slid backwards and off.

Jon
1994 MB

Reply #4
I did exactly that.