Skip to main content
Topic: Todd @ Lazy Daze & Parts (Read 450 times) previous topic - next topic
Todd @ Lazy Daze & Parts
Does anyone know if Todd at LD is still shipping any remaining LD parts.  There was a number to call a few weeks ago and I talked with Todd and he sent me a part.  Now that number goes to voicemail.  Well we broke the plastic latch which holds the Bathroom Door closed across the Mid-Bath hallway. 
Does anyone know of an alternative part number or supplier?

Thanks

Karen~Liam
     98 ~ MB
       NinA
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Re: Todd @ Lazy Daze & Parts
Reply #1
Perhaps he is taking a little break. You may be able to email him if he’s still doing his supportive best. Todd can be reached via email at ldrvtodd@yahoo.com

Good luck. If not Todd, etrailer.com or Amazon maybe able to provide some options.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
Well we broke the plastic latch which holds the Bathroom Door closed across the Mid-Bath hallway. 
Does anyone know of an alternative part number or supplier?

This one fit my 2003 MB

Premium Quality Grabber Catches 10 LB 4 Pack Created for - RV Cabinet...

Rich
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
2003 MB

Reply #3
Does anyone know if Todd at LD is still shipping any remaining LD parts.  There was a number to call a few weeks ago and I talked with Todd and he sent me a part.  Now that number goes to voicemail.  Well we broke the plastic latch which holds the Bathroom Door closed across the Mid-Bath hallway. 
Does anyone know of an alternative part number

Hi Karen and Liam.  I was having trouble with my latch as well and thought about replacing it but decided to do a modification instead:

Bath Door Latch Mod
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #5
We just received two cupboard latches from Todd. Paid for them with PayPal. Had nice email exchange with Todd and he sent the latches out right away. He is working from home.
Marti
2011 Blue MB
Seattle

Reply #6
Thanks Ken I will try Todd's email.  Thanks Rich, it was the keeper that broke on our setup that setup would work also.  Brewersarcade that could work if we can not replace the keeper in our current setup.  Greg & Mike Magnets may be in our future, what a great idea!

Karen~Liam
     98 ~ MB
       NinA

1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze
previously a 1984 Winnebago itaska- The Road Warrior, before that several VW Buses and before that a 1965 Chrysler Convertible Newport or our 1969 Chrysler La Barron with an ice box and a couple sleeping bags

Reply #7
Hi Karen and Liam;  I don't have any tie in with this parts place, but generally their supplies represent a lot of RV brands and many LD parts are available from them.  Prices may be lower elsewhere.
    RV Designer H316 Universal Push Latch - 10 Lbs
  RonB

Liam, a year or so ago you mentioned the Everpure water filter cartridge. I'm about to install mine, and reading through the manual it mentions to run a gallon or so of water through it to 'pre-coat' the insides, before you can expect clean water output.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #8
The original latch that holds the bathroom door open is a poor design and eventually breaks. I replaced it with a home engineered magnet setup. (See improvements to Villa Verde) which worked but wasn't very strong. So, recently I replaced the magnet attached to the wall with a stronger rare earth screw down magnet (see below pix and link). Now the door holds quite well.

https://www.amazon.com/your-orders/pop?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_pop&orderId=113-8376627-6657829&lineItemId=ogpkpomttrooqny&shipmentId=Tt95SX2LW&packageId=1&asin=B09HCB8DRJ
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #9
Question, Mike. Did you manufacture or purchase the bracket that holds the magnets on the door?

Your Amazon link didn’t work for me.
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #10

If this isn’t what Mike used, it’s very similar:

Neodymium Cup Magnets,110LBS Holding Force Strong Rare

I used a pair of these for my pantry build, and one for my medicine cabinet to replace the Velcro, they are incredibly strong:

Neodymium Rectangular Pot Magnets-66 lbs Pulling Force

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #11
[quote author=RonB link=msg=245684 date=1662680605
Liam, a year or so ago you mentioned the Everpure water filter cartridge. I'm about to install mine, and reading through the manual it mentions to run a gallon or so of water through it to 'pre-coat' the insides, before you can expect clean water output.  RonB
[/quote]

The filters need washing to remove any activated charcoal dust before use. It is common to do this with many filters.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #12
RonB, we did run water through our EverPure water filter before we installed it and then after we installed it maybe few gallons.  We then checked the water in a clear glass several times for clarity before tasting and drinking.  We have been using it ever since for our drinking water.  We also use the Camco blue filter every time we refill the water in the fresh water tank.  I do not remember how many gallons of water it filters but we average about 10 gallons through it for every time we fill the main tank.

Karen~Liam
     98 ~ MB
        NinA

1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze

Reply #13
Greg, Mike and Dave We will definitely consider adding magnets to the door and door stop in the hallway closed position.

Karen~Liam
       98 ~ MB
         NinA
1998 ~ MB  WanderDaze