Skip to main content
Topic: SOLAR CONTROLLER (Read 169 times) previous topic - next topic
SOLAR CONTROLLER
SOLAR controller on my 2000 23FT RB STARTED BLINKING 14.
12.13 ETC. NOW IT WENT BLANK.  BATTERYS NEW. MAYBE IT CRAPPED OUT AFTER 20 YEARS. HELP PLEASE.  NEED REPLACEMENT PROBABLY. IN CHICAGO STILL. HOPE I GET HELP REPLY. THANKS.
HANK HANNIGAN.  LISTED FOR SALE CR A IGS LIST ILLINOIS $23000.
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL.  THANKS, HANK HANNIGAN
Hank
1986 22' Chevy G30 Multi-Plan
2000 Ford v10 23.5 Front Lounge

Re: SOLAR CONTROLLER
Reply #1
So Hank, what is your question? The lack of responses tells me the group doesn't know what you are asking.

If you use a digital voltmeter, are you getting a good reading from your batteries? Is there any sign that the solar is charging your batteries? Since you have solar, is there a possibility that the fuse for the solar system has blown?

Good luck with your problem and your sale.

Steve K

Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #2
I had my solar controller go blank before, and when I contacted the installer (who had worked at AM Solar), he said that it's a phone cable that connects to the screen.  I was able to open the connection, unplugged the cable, waited 60 seconds, and reconnected it.  Presto, everything worked again!
Good luck.
1997 MB

Reply #3
Good tip, Kristin. I had a similar problem with my PROsine inverter/charger. It had serious corrosion on the modular plug of the phone cable that connected it to the control panel display. (Those contacts are gold-plated, so you'd think they couldn't corrode... but this one did.) I scrubbed it with a toothbrush and the applied a little DeoxIT contact cleaner, and all was good as new again.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"