Skip to main content
Topic: Totaled Auction Class A (Read 280 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Totaled Auction Class A
Reply #1
They will have more time and money in that thing then it will ever be worth also i assume it now has a salvage title due to them buying it from a insurance auction.
                                                                  Jody
2009 Kodiak 32 foot Island Bed

Reply #2
Reminds me of inexperienced people who watch those "Restore this Old Home" TV shows and buy a 150 year old home thinking I can do that. It will be fun and exciting. Not.

Money pit.
Rick and Melissa
2016 27ft RB

Reply #3
I wouldn’t call this guy inexperienced. He seems pretty competent and “can do.”  I’d like to see how this turns out. — Jon
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄

Reply #4
I'm with Jon. I subscribed to their channel. Should be fun to see it happen!
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #5
This should be interesting. It's going to be a long, tough job with most of the roof rotted, along with much of the passenger side wall, near the bedroom. And that's the clearly visible damage.
I wish them luck.

It would have been considerate of LD to make the fuel pump accessible without dropping the fuel tank, as Coachman did.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #6
I wonder if the new owner is aware of how deadly the black mold is to humans. It can be seen around the ceilings and is probably throughout the wall interiors. It will be nearly impossible to get rid on and it will only grow more as time goes on. Just working around it can be very dangerous. I wouldn't even want to enter that coach.
BTW, That company is Coachmen and not my name: Coachman. I wouldn't want to even be associated with that company and their poor reputation for build quality. It is on par with Thor RV's.
Mike C
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'

Reply #7
I'll take this moment to concur with Mike about the quality of Coachmen interior furniture. I once told a salesman that if I did buy a new one we were standing in, I'd have to drive it home, rip out all the furniture and start over. Made Thor look good!
    This 'flipper'  maybe he was going to keep it, only allocated 3 weeks for repairing it.  3 months would be a stretch in a good inside workshop.  More like a year to really renovate this one.  Money is a minor cost. It's the labor!   Still interesting to see what happens.
  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #8
"That company is Coachmen and not my name: Coachman."

Perhaps my memory is incorrect in the belief that Coachmen was originally built by the Amish or Mennonites? Who knows?
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #9
The company's "Our Story" page ends with the footnote, "While we are in the heart of an Amish community that boasts true craftsmen, we employ a broad breadth of skilled and committed individuals with value added backgrounds that contribute toward the design and manufacture of a product that is deserving of the Coachmen name…"

You can read that a lot of ways, but the cynic in me translates it as "We'd like the Amish reputation for craftsmanship to rub off on us, but we don't actually claim to employ them." But it doesn't really matter who they hire--we can judge Coachmen by their products, and Ron summed that up pretty well.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"