Skip to main content
Topic: Fresh Cab Review (Read 160 times) previous topic - next topic
Fresh Cab Review
Found this video and thought I'd share it as I know many of us use this product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bd1GS3zF-E
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Re: Fresh Cab Review
Reply #1
Greg,

I’ve been using Fresh Cab since we got our ‘15 RB.
I rather enjoy the packet scent. Reminds me of a fresh Christmas Tree.

I place it in several cabinets inside the coach, two above the engine fire wall and strapped to the generator cover. Never had an issue with mice and although we live in town and park on the concrete driveway there are mice running around. Just ask my cat 🐈‍⬛

Time to swap out the packet’s before heading to Big Bear. In the past while at Serrano CG at the lake, I’ve taken old Fresh Cab packets and laid them on the tires at the top of each wheel well. Squirrels would jump onto the tire then quickly scurry away.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
RE:  Fresh Cab

I recently unpacked the contents of my former Lazy Daze, and there was an unopened box of Fresh Cab amongst the contents.  Apparently they had been my back-up supply, but had been in there for something on the order of ten years.

I don't know how effective they would be in use, but the odor was still overwhelming after having removed them from their cello enclosures.

I have a new batch in my Amazon cart to sprinkle around in the Pleasure-Way.

Virtual hugs,

Judie

Reply #3
We have lots of packrats around here. Fresh Cab is one of our weapons. We use it in the LD and cars. I have paid the price in the past for shirking my anti-rat regimen.
jor

09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #4
I read it as Fresh CABernet, a new wine review.

Interesting.

I wonder if this is universal or if there are some regions were the native rodents don’t mind the scent, as maybe there is plenty of balsam fir in their area, so they would be used to it.
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #5
It is my understanding that mice are mostly relying on their sense of smell to alert them to any presence of a predator. The Fresh Cab scent apparently throws off their ability to detect danger. As such, they avoid an area where they can’t get the scent of danger.

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #6
I have rodents here at the house, where I park my LD and CR-V outside. I used Fresh Cab for ~5 years, with mixed success, as I had to repair damage to both vehicles at various times. Maybe I didn’t replace them often enough, or use enough of them at a time? Maybe I have hardcore nastier-than-average rodents? >:(
A few years ago I installed a light in the engine compartment of the LD, which I leave on all of the time. It has been effective so far. I also use peppermint oil in the engine compartments of both vehicles, and in the generator enclosure.
I have cats which aren’t any help here in Southern California. Because of coyotes, they are strictly indoor-only cats. The coyotes here are hardcore also, brazenly strolling the sidewalks in the middle of the day.
2013 27’ Mid-Bath
2005 Honda CR-V