Skip to main content
Topic: AC run capacitor failure (Read 117 times) previous topic - next topic
AC run capacitor failure
Enjoying a 2005 LD Twin/KG for many years. 1st AC issue yesterday. Run capacitor failed on compressor side. The capacitor is a 20+10mfd 370v on a Duo-Therm  model 600315.321.  No info on parts at Dometic. I guess it is too old.  Having trouble finding a match to purchase.  Any help would be appreciated.

Re: AC run capacitor failure
Reply #1
Hi Geoff;  We just had a long thread Two days ago that concluded with a place to find those hard to find dual capacitors.    AC Not Working    about reply #49.  This kind of info is what the search feature is for. A drop down menu off of "Community" and 'Search' will help you answer many questions.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #2
RONB, thanks for the quick reply. Guess I got in a hurry when I could not find data or match on the web. Looks like some good reading and info in that string. I’ll spend some time there. What is your opinion on how much larger Capacitor is Ok to use as I do not find a 10+10 Mfd? 

Reply #3
After blowing our LD's A/C start capacitor and then having the control switch burn up, both caused by hard starts in low voltage conditions (brown outs), I installed an RV soft start. It eliminates the high amperage surge on startup.
It should be a standard part of rooftop A/Cs. It's great for when the A/C needs to be run at night, reducing the noises when the compressor starts up.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze