Skip to main content
Topic: Arvie Camping Reservation System (Read 122 times) previous topic - next topic
Arvie Camping Reservation System
Does anyone have any experience with the Arvie Camping Reservation System?  Finding a site in Southern California is like finding a needle in a haystack, frustrating to say the least.  I’m wondering if it is worth the investment of about $100.  I spend hours trying to find sites with little luck unless I want to spend about $150 a night to be near the coast.

Thanks in advance,

Jules
'O6 IB Anniversary Model
Sue, My Copilot
Carlie, our canine princess

Re: Arvie Camping Reservation System
Reply #1
Jules,

You are probably familiar with rec.gov. When opening the app page, I typed in Southern California and many CG’s showed up. Free app.

While paid camp reservation systems may help, I’m cheap and don’t pay anyone to help my reserve a site. How about reservecalifornia.com for all things California?

What area are you trying to reserve? Coastal, mountain, desert?

Kent
2015 27' RB "MissB.Haven"

Reply #2
Jules, see my most recent post here:  Montana de Oro
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #3
Jules,

I have had good success with Wanderinglabs.com And, I use the free level service with no complaints.  As you may have gathered, these “Bots”, scan the governmental and other reservation systems for Vance’s according to your specifications. Them when the bot locates a site, it notifies you by email, text, etc….  I’ve found that even with the bots, you need to act within moments of receiving the notification or else the site may be reserved by someone/something else.

Good luck

Warren
Warren
2019 MB “Dream Catcher”
Jeep Wrangler JL